FIXED FPES3085KFD Frigidaire Range Not Getting 240 Volts at either element?

LarryBartowski

Premium Member
Model Number
FPES3085KFD
Brand
Frigidaire
Electrolux (Frigidaire) FPES3085KFD Electric Convection Oven

I confirmed 240v at the terminal block. Burners work fine. I checked the resistance on both the bake and broil elements and they appear fine (29, 14 ohms). The temperature probe read 1100 ohms which seems normal. While energized, I took voltage readings at each element and have 120 volts at the bake element, and 0 volts at the broil element, so I figured it was the oven control board. Spend $240 on that....but nothing changed. Same voltages at the elements.

Not sure what the next step is, so any help is appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Larry, I know you said you replaced the oven control board already, but let's do voltage tests at the oven control board relays to make sure we are getting good readings there on your new oven control board.

Or you can ohm test the high limit thermostat for continuity first, if that's bad both BAKE and BROIL elements will not work.

Locate the oven control board under the top access panel. You'll need to slide the machine out about 6". Set the oven to BAKE and measure the voltage between P9 and P1 (should be 240 Volts AC). Less than 240 Volts AC, replace the oven control board.

If the voltage checks good, then turn the breaker OFF to your range and check the high limit thermostat for continuity.

Here's the high limit thermostat for your model:
Thermostat 318578506

Here's the oven control board for your model:
Oven Control Board 316560143

Let us know what you find.

Jake

LarryBartowski

Premium Member
How am I supposed to get a meter on to P1? Doesn't that "wire harness" or plug need to be plugged in for this voltage test?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, just remove the connector from it.

Jake

LarryBartowski

Premium Member
So I'm not sure why I wasn't getting 240v to the elements when I changed the board the first time. I must have put it back together wrong. Anyway I tested the output of the old board and was getting funky readings, so I tried the new board (for a 2nd time) and this time it worked! 240 volts on the output! Thanks for helping me through this!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Larry, glad to hear your back in business. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake