FIXED FPES3085PFC Frigidaire Stove eye will not turn off

surles

Premium Member
Model Number
FPES3085PFC
Brand
Frigidaire
Frigidaire FPES3085PFC left front eye will not turn off. Have turned off circuit breaker, left off several hours. when breaker back on, eye comes back on.

Have removed the switches from the front of range. All 4 are connected together and only come in set of 4.. Turned on breaker and eye comes back on.

Removed the board that the switches plug into and turned breaker back on, same result. Eye glows red.

Have read about the burner possibly being shorted, but this does not seem reasonable.

Thanks for any help.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Set your meter to measure AC Volts. Measure the voltage on the relay board. Put the Black test lead on J1-3 and leave it there. Touch the red test lead to P10 and P12:
Snapshot_4.jpg

If the voltage is anything other than 0V replace the board

surles

Premium Member
Correct. Switches and relay board disconnected and laying on counter.
Throw circuit breaker and element comes on high.

rickgburton

Staff member
Something is miswired or you're missing something. That can't happen. If there was a short with one of the element wires the most voltage you can get is 120. That might be enough voltage to make the element hot but not high. So the wire from P10 is disconnected from the board and the wire from P12 is also disconnected from the board, correct? So set your meter to VAC and touch the black lead to L1 on the terminal block (black wires) and leave it there. Touch the red lead to the wire that was on P10. Then touch the red lead to the wire that was on P12. Give me your two voltage measurements.
D ELE.jpg

surles

Premium Member
The board in your picture is different from the one I am looking at.
Where is the board in your picture located?

The board I am looking at is the one the front control switches plug into.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Cant seem to attach photo
Click the insert image icon and drop it in.

Jake

rickgburton

Staff member
Nope, try dragging it and dropping it into the post window.

The board you removed, the one the front surface switches plug into, has other wires connected to it besides the surface switches. Those are the wires going to the elements. Two of those wires go to the left font surface unit. One is P10 the other is P12.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I just changed a setting for image uploads, others have been having similar upload problems on their iphones.

Try what Rick said: try dragging it and dropping it into the post window. If that doesn't work click attach files and upload it.

Jake

surles

Premium Member
Finally. Had to send pic to my Gmail them move to computer desktop then insert in blog

rickgburton

Staff member
That's the wrong board. The one you want is on the lower left side. It looks just like the one in my picture.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
surles: what version iphone do you have? Our tech bigbuck just successfully upload photos from his iphone 10 max. So it may be the older iphones that can't upload, but I can change another setting for that now if that's the case.

Jake

surles

Premium Member
i phone 7 plus. Im having other issues with phone so maybe my settings

Where exactly is this board? Is it under cooktop glass or under sheetmetal on left side of range?