FIXED FPET3085PFC Frigidaire Professional Double Electric Wall Oven Not Heating

mfischbu

Premium Member
Model Number
FPET3085PFC
Brand
Frigidaire
Good Day,

I have a Frigidaire Professional Double Electric Wall Oven (Product # FPET3085PFC).

I did a self cleaning cycle on the bottom oven, and once that was completed, on the top oven. After the self cleaning cycles, the top oven no longer heats on any setting (i.e. broil, bake, convect, etc.). The bottom oven is still perfectly functional.

I tried changing the Oven Temperature Sensor - Probe, but that did not correct the problem. I would greatly appreciate any further recommendations on how to troubleshoot this oven - this ppliance blog has been very helpful to me in the past!

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The wiring diagram shows a "THM - Thermal Circuit Breaker" in series with all of the elements on each oven. If it had tripped (as likely could happen after a self-clean), it could stop all heating of an oven while leaving the rest unaffected.

Unfortunately, the parts list 'doesn't show such a thing. The only thing close I see are 2 thermostats that the parts list describes as "318578506 Thermostat, cooling fan" but are not shown in the wiring circuit. Someone could look for them on the appliance and check their continuity.

LINK > 318578506 Thermostat, cooling fan

Maybe their description was mislabeled in the parts list? The fans look to be powered directly from the electronic control and their are no thermostats in their circuits.

The appliance may need to be removed from its enclosure to track the cause.

Dan O.

mfischbu

Premium Member
Hi Dan,

I managed to pull the oven off with some friends today, and the "THM - Thermal Circuit Breaker" was indeed the issue. The part number 318578506 Thermostat you referenced above is indeed what the THM is. I know this due to the continuity test and also since I swapped the bottom (functional) oven with the top one (which wasn't working), and voilla, the top oven works again.

Thanks for your help!

Michael