• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED FPFU19FRFE Frigidaire Professional Freezer loud fan

ibepatience

Premium Member
Model Number
FPFU19FRFE
Brand
Frigidaire
We purchased a Frigidaire Professional stand alone freezer in February of this year. It was in our storage room until last month when we finished the kitchen remodel and put it in place in the kitchen. Now that it’s out in our living area it has an incredibly loud hum. We had a tech come out and he said it should he as loud as the freezer fan but will run more often. He suggested replacing the condenser fan. He installed the new fan today and it’s no different. He’s going to call Frigidaire tomorrow but I wanted to see if anyone here has this freezer can tell me is it loud? We’ve had the stand alone refrigerator unit for about 2 years and it’s very quiet. I’m I’m able to I’ll try to record a video of the sound. When it shuts off every now and then it’s like a relief on your ears

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You forgot to upload your video of that humming sound.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I heard it, that sound is normal.:)

No worries!

Jake

ibepatience

Premium Member
We have the refrigerator too and it’s less than half that loud. Like you really can’t even hear it. Is it normal for the freezer to be that much louder? If so, is there anything we could do to make it quieter? Insulate something?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's normal. Its not loud at all in the video, its normal.

Jake