FPGH3077RF Gas oven - repeated chimes while preheating, temperature off

Matt_S

Premium Member
Model Number
FPGH3077RF
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi,

I've been trying to figure out what may be wrong with our Frigidaire Professional gas range (FPGH3077RF), specifically the oven. The service technician that I asked about this was clueless... I'm trying to get to the bottom of this before the warranty runs out (in less than one month from now).

1) At some point, the touch panel was non-responsive. Also, I believe I saw a 'F11' error code (briefly). I called Frigidaire and they told me to remove power to the appliance, wait a while, then turn it back on. That worked, at least the touchpad was fully functional again, no error codes.

2) Now, during preheat (e.g., 'bake' at 350F), the oven intermittently beeps (3 fast/sequential beeps). To emphasize, it's not like the single beep that signals 'preheat done'. You can see this in the following Youtube video: https://youtu.be/3tfKB14z7iE

3) The oven temperature seemed to be about 50F higher than selected (I used an oven thermometer to check the temperature -- I understand that's not an accurate measurement but my wife has been mentioning that cakes are overdone when baked at whatever temperature the recipe calls for). I adjusted the temperature using the 'UPO' feature (-10F seemed to do the trick, based on the cheap oven thermometer that I used).

Any hints/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-Matt

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The service technician that I asked about this was clueless...
New guy?? The problem is in the EOC. F11 is a stuck key and terminates the operation until reset. The EOC controls the temperature and the alarm. If they tell you it's not the EOC be sure to get that in writing and dated. It's a $200 control.

rickgburton

Staff member
Yes, that's it. I think it's still under warranty?? Unless they don't replace it for him.

Matt_S

Premium Member
New guy?? The problem is in the EOC. F11 is a stuck key and terminates the operation until reset. The EOC controls the temperature and the alarm. If they tell you it's not the EOC be sure to get that in writing and dated. It's a $200 control.
Hi Rick - thank you!

Regarding the technician -- we've had numerous service calls for our Frigidaire appliances over the last few months, only one of those guys knew what he was doing (he was working on our fridge, don't get me started). The guy that looked at the stove essentially said, there is no error code and I can't reproduce this behavior right now so next time we'll have to charge you.

I hope that either Frigidaire or the technician will accept the video I took, showing the erratic behavior. Is there any way to run a self-test / diagnostics that would show any recent error codes? Anything else I could do to convince them it's the EOC?

Thanks again,
-Matt

rickgburton

Staff member
I haven't been able to locate any service information on that model, probably because it's too new. When frigidaire had you turn off the power for a while it may have gone back to default settings. Try this; Press the light icon and the clock icon at the same time and hold both until you hear a chime. Release the icons and AUd should be in the display. If AUd is not in the display press the + in the upper part of the display until AUd is in the upper part of the display and HI is in the lower part of the display. That's the default setting. Press the + or - on the lower part of the screen until OFF is displayed then release the key and wait for a chime. Then press the light and clock icons at the same time until you hear a chime and the display should return to the clock.

Matt_S

Premium Member
Quick update -- I showed the video to the service tech who was here to fix our fridge today. He said that it has to be 'the computer' (EOC), just as stated above, so I called Frigidaire and they agreed with his diagnosis. Another tech will come out later this week to make the repair... hopefully.

Oilers22

Hello!

Did this solve your problem? My oven chimes as well and Frigidaire told me to mute the sound if I did not want to hear it.

Thanks!

Nick

Quick update -- I showed the video to the service tech who was here to fix our fridge today. He said that it has to be 'the computer' (EOC), just as stated above, so I called Frigidaire and they agreed with his diagnosis. Another tech will come out later this week to make the repair... hopefully.