• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FPHB2899PF0 Ice Maker Not Working

Tupike1044

Premium Member
Model Number
FPHB2899PF0
Brand
Frigidaire
I replaced the fresh food ice maker in this in early February due to a cracked ice tray. For about the last week it has not been filling with water or dumping when I have manually filled it. I put it through the test from the service mode last night and the thermistor showed 41 degrees. I was able to make it manually fill, manually dump and the ice level arm worked fine as well. I did the fill test and it filled with water last night and made ice, but did not dump it. The thermistor temperature showed 29 degrees this morning. Would a faulty sensor be the cause of this (Im assuming that is what is directly under/attached to the ice tray on this model)?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its not cold enough to automatically make ice, it has to be 16 degrees or lower at all times to automatically make and dump ice. Put a freezer thermometer in your ice maker compartment to get a accurate reading.

Do you hear the ice maker fan running?

Here it is(Video Included):
Cooling Fan 5304493604

Jake

Tupike1044

Premium Member
I was able to manually turn the fan on and off last night, but am not sure if it is consistently running or not.

Tupike1044

Premium Member
I have checked several times this weekend and the fan is running. Any other ideas on why it is not getting cold enough (refrigerator and freezer were checked and temps are 37 and 0 as they should be).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Check the ice maker evaporator coil and see if its frosted up, if so then its possibly a bad defrost thermostat or bad defrost heater.

Here's the defrost thermostat for your model you can order if yours ohm tests bad:
Defrost Thermostat 5303918568

Watch this video:
Leave it in the ice water for at least 5 minutes before ohm testing it.

Here's the defrost heater for your model if yours ohm tests bad:
Defrost Heater Assembly 242094802

When you click the part link to the defrost heater you will see videos on how to ohm test the defrost heater and how to access/replace it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake