• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED FPUS2686LF1 Water intermittently won't stop dispensing, ice seemingly works fine

op_amper

Premium Member
Model Number
FPUS2686LF1
Brand
Frigidaire
Most of the time, when I go to dispense water out of the water dispenser, it operates correctly. But sometimes the water will keep dispensing for anywhere between 1 to many additional seconds after removing the glass. I have noticed the following about the issue:

1) When problem happens, it keeps happening for a handful of events, then seems to go back to normal.
2) Problem occurs maybe only 10-15% of the time.
2) When problem occurs, water keeps on for an additional 1-3 seconds most of the time. But sometimes, it goes for longer, or never stops.
3) Re-engaging the water dispensing lever sometimes stops the flow if it seems stuck.
4) For times where re-engaging the water level didn't stop the flow, turning off the refrigerator and back on stopped it. When it would turn back on, the water would flow for a second then stop.
6) Ice dispensing is seemingly unaffected. I use the ice a lot less than the water dispenser, but I have never had the ice stick on.
7) In the past couple of years, I did notice a handful of random rare instances where water would stick on dispensing for an extra second. But in the past month, it has evolved to be worse.

I suspect the module dispenser is the issue, but since ice seems to be fine, i'm not sure. I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, the problem is your dispenser module, seen this happen a few times on my service calls.

Here's the dispenser module for your model you can order here:
242074223 Module-Dispenser

You just pop off the plastic frame with a putty knife, use a cloth over it to protect you from scratching your exterior door, and then removing several dispenser module screws. There should also be Three small electrical plugs that disconnect from it.

Jake

op_amper

Premium Member
I installed the new module; however, when I try to dispense ice, it only actuates for a split second, only to close again. The feeder never engages. The water works fine. I uninstalled it, and put back in the old one, and it did the same thing. I don’t think I damaged anything on the pane by simply disconnecting and reconnecting wires. Maybe it isn’t going back in right? I was careful to retrace my steps. And thoughts on what can cause this?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You originally said--->6) Ice dispensing is seemingly unaffected. I use the ice a lot less than the water dispenser, but I have never had the ice stick on.
when I try to dispense ice, it only actuates for a split second, only to close again.
Interesting, that wasn't the original problem, the water dispenser was the original problem.

The water dispenser problem is fixed now? but now this ice dispenser problem cropped up?

Wait, I just found a video of why its doing that, it looks like the little metal arm is not in the proper position, he shows you how it should be:

Jake

Last edited:

op_amper

Premium Member
This turned out to be it, thank you!

I have installed the new unit and it has been in there for over a week now, and I am no longer having any issues.

Thank you again for the recommendation.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new dispenser module fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake