FIXED FRA086AT7 Frigidaire control panel and remote not working.

mjpowers

Premium Member
Model Number
FRA086AT7
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a Frigidaire window A/C Model number FRA086AT7 that I installed Sunday. Everything was working fine. I had changed the temp and changed the fan speed. My wife then changed the fan speed again about 2 hours later. We went out for a few hours and when we returned I could not adjust anything. I tried the Remote (Installed new batteries) and nothing worked there either. I tried holding in the reset button for 10 seconds and then unplugged for 10 minutes (Advise on resetting unit from a different forum) when I released the reset button the touch panel lights all came on so I was hopeful that something was happening.
so after 10 minutes when I plugged it in it still doesn't respond and now the temperature display is not showing. The A/C fan speed had been on high and temp had been set for 60 degrees. I think that they are still this way. Listening to the A/C last night I also do not think that it is cycling off and on.

I did have the unit open for cleaning about a week earlier but I had the electronics covered by plastic and then it sat in our basement for a week in some hot days so it should have been dry.

Any ideas? Control Board?

Thanks,
Mike

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like a short in the display board. Take the wire harness between the control board and display board and blow out the connectors and the harness sheath. Make sure there's no water around the connectors.
Control Board 5304476850
Control-Board-5304476850--01405104.jpg