FRA106CT1 Frigidaire Window A/C, Dropped on cement, red wire came loose

kfish

Premium Member
Model
FRA106CT1
Brand
Frigidaire
Frigidaire Window A/C, Dropped on cement. It did work, but when cleaning a red wire became unattached.

I am a novice and there was a thread, w/an answer, that referred to all sorts of numbers. No schematic w/' this product. I believe the red wire, was attached to the digital operations via a screw. When we removed the complete front panel, trying to keep the wiring that was encased in black rubber, of various wires, and a single red wire, that as I said, was I believe connected to the operations panel and not sure if the black end of red wire, about 1/4of inch of fanned out fibers, then black color on the red wire. What part of this wire, should be making contact and I thought it was directly under the top of the screw head, or somehow it was supported in between the foam and tab and then the screw secured it. There also was a plastic piece, that was long and slender and I think cover the red wire, or guide, to prevent it from coming in contact w/the condenser fins. We had removed the "filter" to clean, and it was so dirty, we removed the whole front off, and thought we had the front duct taped, so has not to detach the black group of wires, the black "thread" wire that is attached to the surface of the condenser fins, and then the red wire.

There is a pix, from another thread, that posed the same question, showing the red wire, and approx. location, but as I stated, having no back ground... (64yr old female, that has to do much of her own repair work, and does not know the "lingo" for many of the items I have to self repair, so I appreciate anyone, that can understand what my question is, and take the time to "translate"... perhaps provide "names" of the parts I am inadequate to supply...

It is HOT !! here in Ohio... can anyone help !!! :) :wall:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

There are 3 red wires, here's your wiring diagram below, can you take a photo or two of that Red wire and part its going to?

Then use your photo sharing per google photos, dropbox, or any photo sharing site and post the photos here.

Jake

Attachments

kfish

Premium Member
AC Wire.JPG Hi Jake, there was a pix from another post way back and have attached that pix. Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I am trying to send a pix from my phone, to my computer, and attach from my photo program on there... It is new computer, and I am just learning how to use it's photo program...

I think I have to take more off the front of my a/c the circuit board I think hides where this red wire starts from. As as I say, it went across the fins, and attached and of course my printer quit working, otherwise, I would print out a pix, and mark it exactly and scan back in....However, if you are able to see this pix, and it gives you any clues....I will still work on it on my end... thanks so very much for responding...Karen

kfish

Premium Member
Sheesh... I just wrote additional and hit wrong button... The pix that I sent, I enlarged and it is very accurate. The red wire, comes out the inside of the a/c along w/ the black tube that contains multiple wires. The red, is the only one seen, and when you look at this pix, the red comes from the a/c and where it is "dangling" or suspended in the center of the lower white frame, and when you look directly above where the wire is "free"... that is a gray foam pad, that is behind the digital control panel for the user. there is a tiny screw, right in the center bottom part of the foam, there is a white sticker on the foam, and right below it, is where I believe the red wire, originally connected. since it was attached to the "front piece" of frame of a/c, when the total front frame came off, tried to make sure nothing go lose, but happened … wish I had taken pix of before... that I what I usually do... so had no plan to disconnect it accidently...duh !!… I believe it is the wire, that makes the control panel operate, but not sure if it went just beneath the screw head, but on top of the foam, or between the foam and the back of the control panel, or underneath the control panel which would still keep it from be exposed. And as I say, there appeared to have been a white piece, that attached to that frame on the inside, to keep the red wire from hitting the condenser fins...?? I think...thx again...

kfish

Premium Member
Oh oops... duh... novice w/ everything... I now see the wiring diagaram… was not looking in rightplace when I tried to open it... again,thx for your patience...

kfish

Premium Member
Okay, that did not help... unless I should take apart or remove the metal frame that keeps me from having direct contact w the circuit board,and see if I can determine if it came from it... It appears to come from somewhere else in the a/c further back, but will go take a look and see what I can find, as well as take the metal panel off... I preferred not to do so, because when dropped, it "BOWED" the metal protective piece over the circuit board and not sure I can get it back on...will try... K

kfish

Premium Member
Gee, it is male to male !! LOL...had my son take a quick look at diagram before we went out into the heat... and he took one look at it, and said... it is the C1, and I asked how he knew, and he said because it was showing a single wire to the display panel.... I did not think of name as display board/ panel. but made total sense... I need a mechanics dictionary !!… Hope this finally helps !! However, I am still going out to take a physical look, he is probably right, but I swear it did not come from the circuit board...

kfish

Premium Member
20180630_183242.jpg 20180630_183245_001.jpg20180630_183400.jpg20180630_183535_001.jpg20180630_183544.jpg20180630_183435_001.jpg Hope you can see these... I just took them. Shows the end of the red wire, where it is going into the a/c I don't think I can remove the circuit board, because there are little plastic pegs, attaching the circuit board to the protective metal cover, that I thought I could just remove the screws which I see now, won't do the trick. It also shows the best I can, as to how the red wire, goes thru a certain 'hole" into the a/c. Then I tried to take additional pix showing the foam and screw that I thought I observed it was attached to... along the foam in the center, under the display panel. I also took a pix of the piece that is broke at one end, but it "fell out " when we were taking the full front off... but I thought it kept the red wire from touching anything, and the one end can still be attached and I think use electrical tape....

kfish

Premium Member
Oops, I told son to upload all, and did not see the actual pix till I hit quick reply. He did not load all of them, but I think you can piece together,(I was describing all I had taken, specifically so my reference in last thread, is not quite accurate to the pix, more general... I have the red wire laying in the piece that broke off, but still shows the unbroken end... as well as the foam screw area....let me know... I will do more, etc.. thx

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need to open up the control box and look at the circuit board to see where that red wire connects onto to that board.

Read the location of it from the circuit board, it should be on one of these: CN3, CN4, P5, P2, or RY6

Jake

kfish

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Attaching pix. The red wire that was attached just below the controls to the middle of three screws, one at each end of the foam piece behind the display, and one middle screw, that came off goes into the very back of the "opening' into a small plastic rectangle flat part, and the wire goes into it. Then at the other end of the black plastic piece, a red wire does come out. along w/ a black wire, and it attached to the circuit board. There is no way to tell, if the red, that is loose, that goes into the tiny black rectangle box? is the same wire coming out the end of it. Attaching pix so that I hope you can see what I am trying to explain... DUH on my part !! that I hope you can see where it goes in.

the red wire, that comes out of the other end of black container, goes to the circuit board. I am not sure, but with the circuit board still somewhat attached, there are two posts at the bottom of the circuit board. The Red wire plugs into the first post, and a white wire, that is directly beside it, on a second post. However, looking at the schematic, since I don' t know which end is up, etc...same for circuit board, but it shows at the top on diagram... but I believe it to be Evaporator Sensor or CN 4 .

Pix of where red loose wire goes into back of A/C chamber
as well as the red wire coming out at the other end of rectangle black unit

Pix of the red wire coming out the back of the black rectangle and onto the circuit board, at the bottom in the A/C. Which is reversed from the diagram you provided due to the angle we see it, but it appears at the very bottom of the circuit board in the A/C. As stated, on a post, next to a single white wire attached to the next post.

Also showing how the wire that came off from beneath the display panel, middle screw, and how it 'travels'

Sorry, tried to get pix description in correct order, when uploading pix...… again, appreciate you help and patience ` Thanks Karen

Then pix of the foam on back side, and display panel and finally the piece I think that covered the red wire, etc but broken at the end . 20180701_204332.jpg20180701_204345.jpg20180701_204445.jpg20180701_204513.jpg20180701_204523.jpg20180701_204523.jpg20180701_204523.jpg20180701_204523.jpg20180701_204623.jpg

kfish

Premium Member
Apologies for same pix... again, new photo program , and have had no time to learn how to work it". I wanted to include a better pix of wires and little black rectangle...20180701_204345.jpg and unable to check "pix"to see if the one I wanted, it won't let me see it when I attach, until I post... but think this shows the wire situation better, maybe... thx

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, if that wire goes to CN4 on the circuit board, then its the evaporator thermistor:
5304471275 Thermistor

Jake