FRE5711KW0 Frigidaire Control Board Wiring Question

ShieldsSigChi

Premium Member
Model Number
FRE5711KW0
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a Frigidaire FRE5711KW0 and a red&Black cable in the control board has come unplugged. I'm not sure where to plug it in at and I cannot decipher the wiring diagram. I have included a photo showing the wire (Gold Circle) and the three possible places it could be plugged into (Red Circles 1, 2 & 3). ANY and all help would be incredible appreciated! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That BLACK and RED go to B on the timer, that's the one with your circle #1.

Make sure its snug on that B terminal so it won't come off again.

Jake

ShieldsSigChi

Premium Member
Thanks so much! It started right up! But now it’s not heating haha. I’ll create a separate post for that. It was heating up this morning, not sure what would have caused it

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wonderful.:)

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Frigidaire Dryer FRE5711KW0 Repair Parts

So lets start at the beginning.

What made you check the timer if it was heating good beforehand?

What problem did you have for you to check the timer?

Jake

ShieldsSigChi

Premium Member
I had taken the drum out, it is an older dryer and there was a lint backup, so I did that to clean it all out to prevent a fire. In the process the top & control panel were resting against the wall causing a strain on the wires to the control panel so thought one of them may have come undone. I also just noticed a white wire and black wire going into a plastic connector that has no where to connect to... maybe that’s related to the heat? I’ll take a photo of that tonight. I appreciate your help and guidance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, take a photo of that white wire and black wire going into a plastic connector that has no where to connect to.

Jake

ShieldsSigChi

Premium Member
unnamed.jpg

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town for the holidays. I have included an image of the white and black wire going into a plastic connector. I pulled the drum back out of the dryer to check the heating element and the thermostat with a multimeter. The thermostat is showing .1 Ohms when connecting to both ends and the Heating element is showing 11 ohms when connected to both ends and is also reading that it is not shorting against the housing.

I also check the motor wiring harness to ensure that the circuit is completed when the centrifugal switch is engaged and the Control Thermostat is reporting at the 12.5k ohms that the wiring diagram says it should be at. Also power is coming into the dryer at the main 3 wire connection (Red, White & Black) just fine as well. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY ASSISTANCE AND GUIDANCE! I truly appreciate any help as well as your time! If you need to know anything or have additional question please do not hesitate

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

That black and white connector is just a test connector, leave it alone.

Also power is coming into the dryer at the main 3 wire connection (Red, White & Black) just fine as well.
Put your meter leads on the RED and BLACK and see if you get 240 volts.

Jake