• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Freezer Frosted and Interferring with the fan.

robobike

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF560SEYB00
Brand
Whirlpool
Several months back the Fridge started making noise. I poked around and determined there was frost at the back of the freezer and around the fan cover. Took off the cover and blasted the area with a hair dryer and the noise went away for a month or so. Now it's back. The dryer trick only lasts a few days. I read on another post that there are ways to test the heater but am unsure how to do so on this model. I guess I need to determing if the board or thermostat is bad. Thank for your help........

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the liner parts diagram(freezer on bottom) for your model: 02-Liner Parts parts for Whirlpool WRF560SEYB00 - AppliancePartsPros.com

#10 is your evaporator fan motor: Whirlpool W10438708 Motor-Evap - AppliancePartsPros.com

This is a newer model I haven't worked on as of yet, so I haven't run into this issue, another member here: Evaporator fan makes noise and eventually stops running looks like they had the same problem, you may want to post a reply in that thread to see if he fixed it with a new evaporator fan motor, your model takes the exact same evaporator fan motor as his.

Jake

robobike

Premium Member
Thanks, I'll post the question on the other thread. This issue I feel have more to do with the frost/lack of defrost than the fan motor. Motor is doing it's job but the frost is creating the noise. Thanks for your help Jake.

Rob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Rob I agree.

Keep us posted.

Jake