• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Freezer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philadelphia

Premium Member
Model Number
E522B
Hello,

I'm trying to help a neighbor diagnose a problem they are having with their Fisher & Paykel refrigerator, particularly the freezer compartment. There is quite a bit of ice build up in the lower freezer drawer and on the shelf above there appears to be icicles indicating some type of dripping from above. There is no ice maker in this unit. I Immediately suspected a frozen coil and drain tube. The coil was not frozen but there was some frost build up at the opening and the drain tube itself, and seemed as if it was frozen. So i poured hot water down the tube and cleaned everything up. I put weed wacker line down the drain hose to confirm it was open. I also confirmed that the defrost element was functioning. I put everything back together and 2 days later the ice started to build in the freezer drawer again. I thought perhaps the door seal was leaking and applied a very conservative amount of Vaseline to ensure a tight seal. Unfortunately the problem still exists.

Anyone have any ideas? Please know i appreciate your time. Please see attached pictures.

Thanks!

Here in Philadelphia

Fisher Paykel
E522B

Manual:

https://www.cbw.fp.co.nz/fms/service/fpa-refrigeration/fpa-parts-refrigeration/Other/517799 E522BL E522BR.pdf

Attachments

• Freezer top drawer.JPG
    Freezer top drawer.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Freezer bottom drawer.JPG
    Freezer bottom drawer.JPG
    477.6 KB · Views: 30

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You already started another thread just like this, please don't create duplicate threads.

--->In 2012, Haier Group bought Fisher & Paykel. Haier also bought GE appliances division in 2016. But since yours is a Fisher & Paykel and not a official GE brand it goes in this forum. We don't have a Fisher & Paykel separate forum.

I'm closing this thread.

Here's you original thread:

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.