• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

freezer works no cold air into frig. area unless freezer door open

billSny

Premium Member
Model Number
LSD2615HEB
Brand
Admiral
Hello,
I have a side by side. The freezer works find but the frig. does not. Putting my hand to the vent I don't feel cool air coming in. But when I open the freezer door I feel cold coming through the vent into the frig. area. I close the freezer door and no cold air again. I crack the freezer open very slightly and it has cold again going into the frig. I tolk thinks apart and no icing up, fan working fine and can feel defrost working. This has me stumped. Any help please!! Bill

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It sounds like the evaporator fan motor can't circulate any air across the coils. Is there any frost or ice on the back wall of the freezer ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This Admiral is under a year old?

That issue usually means an ice blockage in the return air duct.

That duct is usually located inside the refrigerator section behind the crispers on the bottom left side wall, or just above that in the middle left side wall.

Jake

billSny

Premium Member
Thanks to Jake and Rickgburton

Problem solved. We had just moved into a new house (to us) and I had moved the wall back to accomadate such a large frig. When putting the frig. into this nook we pushed it back all the way which did not give the the compressor and fan enough air causing the compessor to overheat. You are both correct, frost was forming in the back of the freezer and the fan was not able to get enough air through the coils. Still don't understand why the air would stop blowing into the frig. when the freezer door was closed but no doubt has something to do with air pressure in a sealed freezer. Again thanks guys.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I hope your problem is solved but you should keep an eye on it for a while.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, yes keep your eye on it.:)

Jake