FRFW3700LW0 Frigidaire Washer Turning On and beeping by itself

daddylogan

Premium Member
Model Number
FRFW3700LW0
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello all. First post, first problem! As the title states, out of the blue my Frigidaire washer (Model: FRFW3700LW0) just comes on (not meaning the machine goes into washing mode...LOL) but the lights come on and start flashing and beeping by themselves. I keep pushing the PAUSE/RESET button. It will stop for a few and then come back on. I have also tried unplugging the machine and plugging it back it. Works for a few and then here come the beeps! Tried pushing all combinations of buttons and even read somewhere turning the cycle knob to DRAIN would get it to stop...which it did not.

To see and hear what it is doing I found a YouTube video...not much help in those comments as most mistook it for a dryer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP51k2bhbbg

So, to see me ask for help means that yes, I have done my due diligence by searching online and these forums and I am pretty sure I am going to be told it is my CONTROL BOARD that needs to be replaced. I think I have even searched down the correct one:

Frigidaire Washing Machine User Control and Display Board 137005005

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/User-Control-And-Display-Board/137005005/1795240?modelNumber=FRFW3700LW0

Is that the correct board?

So my main questions are, is there any other thing I can do to try and make this correct itself (checking error codes, combination of button pushing, etc...) or is it the Control Board without a shadow of a doubt?

If so could someone provide me instructions on the proper way to get at this and replace it? I am semi-disabled but if this is an easy replace I might give it a shot.

For now I just have the machine unplugged and will plug in when I need to do a wash as the machine itself has been working fine.

Thank you for your time in advance~

peace out,
daddylogan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

dangalang

@daddylogan Were you able to fix it by replacing the control board? I am having the same problem. I woke up in the middle of one night and heard the washer kept beeping and flashing. There was something wrong with my electricity that night, all the electrical appliances were reset. Since then the washer doesn't work anymore. Thanks!

daddylogan

Premium Member
@daddylogan Were you able to fix it by replacing the control board? I am having the same problem. I woke up in the middle of one night and heard the washer kept beeping and flashing. There was something wrong with my electricity that night, all the electrical appliances were reset. Since then the washer doesn't work anymore. Thanks!
I actually just unplugged the machine for a full day and when I plugged it back in a cycled through all the knobs it went away for a long time. Every once in a while it does that so I repeat the procedure. I have other issues now far worse.....I think it blew a motor and that is why I logged in today.

peace out,
daddylogan