• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Fridge and freezer not cooling

jawkneeman

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi,
I have a Kenmore SxS refrigerator model #106.44329400.
bought it 10/05. It stopped cooling on both the freezer and refrigerator.
I read some of the other posts in here and I think I've narrowed it down to the Compressor Electric Control Unit but still am not certain and don't want to throw money away if it's not. The fan inside the freezer (I think that's the evaporator fan)runs, the fan on the fridge side runs, and the lights turn on. The condenser fan( I think is the one in the back of the fridge behind the panel) does not turn on at all and the compressor does not try to turn on either. No clicks no noise. I checked the power, the wires that go to the Compressor Electronic Control Unit( which I think they call the Inverter Box?) and it has power there. I checked the 3 wires that go to the Compressor and between each other there is no power, but between each one and the ground wire there is a reading there. I'm not that handy with the multitester though. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Ok, we've had a few members post here saying that they installed a new inverter box, and that gets the compressor up and running again, but not the condenser fan that sits next to it, then they installed the compressor control board and everything works again.

So I'd order both, and install the inverter box first, and see if the condenser fan works as well, if not then you would need the compressor control board too. If the inverter box fixes the compressor and condenser fan motor, then you can return the compressor control board for a FULL refund within 30 days.

Here's the inverter box you can order:
Manufacturer part number W10133449 is RepairClinic item number 1381553
W10133449

Here's the compressor control board you can order:
Manufacturer part number 2307028 is RepairClinic item number 1058823

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I just noticed the compressor control board is "out of stock" currently at RepairClinic, you can order it here at AppliancePartsPros:
Manufacturer's Number: 2307028

You can also order the inverter box here too to save you from ordering at both places:
Manufacturer's Number: W10133449

Both parts are a little cheaper as well.

Jake