• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Fridge not cooling down

jmott

Premium Member
Model Number
PSC25SGSASS
Brand
GE
I own a GE Profile Side by Side. The fridge is blowing cool air, but is not getting cold enough for use. The fan that sucks air out of the freezer in the refrigerator's bottom door comes on only for a second when you plug it in, then shuts off. I unplugged it for a couple of days, then plugged it back in and pushed the "turbo cool" button and the fridge got down to 38 degrees and the freezer got down to 12, then started to warm back up. Please help.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
This is one of those high end machines.

These refrigerators use computer boards, electronic controls, thermistors, DC motors, dual evaporators and power inverters. Specific tests are designed for these components and usually require entering the refrigerators diagnostic mode.

Troubleshooting steps are outlined in the service manual and should only be attempted by persons with some mechanical skills and the ability to read and understand flow charts and wiring diagrams. A multi-meter that can read AC volts, DC volts, Ohms/Continuity plus the ability to read and understand the multi-meter is also necessary. Troubleshooting with the service manual can be difficult and time consuming and without the service manual, next to impossible. I'll check and see if I have a service manual for your machine. If you think you are capable of diagnosing the problem yourself, I'll give you the manual.

jmott

Premium Member
yes that would be nice the frig is a 2005 and in 2008 the mother board was replaced i tore it down already and that little fan does work if you hook it up to a battery but when you plug it back in then plug the frig in it comes on then goes right off but the freezer does work keeps ice cold and frozen just the frig part dosent get cold enough thr compressor comes on and the fan comes on in the rear and the other fan in side the the frig also works

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'll need to see if I can locate the manual so hang tight. It sounds like the motherboard is the problem

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.