Frigidaire 18500 btu air conditioner Model FAM187Q2A2 stopped working

fred93

Premium Member
Model Number
FAM187Q2A2
Brand
Electrolux
My 13 year old Frigidaire 18500 btu air conditioner Model FAM187Q2A2 stopped working today. It was working fine up until today. It worked last night but nothing works this morning. CB is ok and the green light on the AC plug is on. I pushed the TEST button on the plug and it clicked and then I pushed the reset button on the plug and the green light came back on. When I push the on/off button on the unit nothing lights up or starts working. The On/off button on the remote does not work either. We did not have any storms last night and as far as I know there were no power surges last night.

Any idea where I should start! At 13 years old I don't want to spend a lot of time/money. But if it is something simple I'm all in!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I don't see anything in the wiring between the cord and its electronic control that could be responsible for total lack of operation besides the electronic control.

image.jpeg

First I would suggest disconnecting power from the unit for a couple of minutes then plugging it in again. Sometimes that allows an electronic control to reset.

If that didn't help I'd suggest someone actually confirm power is getting to the control circuit board (even if the light on the cord is on).

If power is definitely getting to the control PCB, the PCB # 5304455487 may be defective and need to be replaced. :(

Dan O.