• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire 4 door refrigerator FG4H2272UF - Freezers stopped cooling and now ice maker has stopped

hackman

Premium Member
Model Number
FG4H2272UF
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a Frigidaire 4 door refrigerator FG4H2272UF which is about 2 years old. Last month the display started chirping and displayed HI on the Freezer. To get rid of the HI message we hit Ice Cube button and the current temp of 44 F would display. The FF section is holding temp just fine and the IM was making ICE. The repair man came and did some diagnostic test while Frigidaire support was on the phone with him. I guess they determined it needed a PC Board, so one was orders. 3-4 weeks went by waiting on the replacement board. Then Easter day while in and out of the FF section we noticed water dripping from the IM and the ice was starting to melt. We thought it could have been because be having the doors open so much while preparing our feast, but the IM has not made a cube since then and the back of the IM reads 34 with infrared thermometer and the FZ is now 63 F. The repair man came out and changed out the PC Board the next day, which did not fix the unit. The only difference i can tell is the HI message stopped coming up. Also, there was a point an hour or two after the board was replaced the display was readying adjusting temp, then my wife said it flash something about 20 minutes. Now the display just says adjusting temp.

I'm not sure i trust the repair man, so is there any trouble shooting/ diagnostics I can do on my own? Seems like there is not a lot on the forums on these multi door units and i think they have some type of valve (which may be the culprit) which switches refrigerant to the various evaporator coils.

Diag CDFF DisplayTempDrop Temp

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

This is a newer model I have not worked on as of yet. Are you seeing ice/frost build up on the back panel inside the freezer?

Are the freezer and ice maker fans running? You may need to hold the door switch in to hear them run.

Jake

hackman

Premium Member
Jake, the first time it happen i pulled the freezer drawer out and then the back panel. There was not visible ice or frost or condensation. I was able to activate the ice make fan via the diag test 62 Ice Maker Evap Fan and the freezer fan with 15 Freezer Evaporator Fan. Then after existing the diagnostic panel and installing the slide freezer drawer i notice the freezer fan kicked on. I'm going to let it run a little more an then shoot the back of the drawer where the evaporator is located to see if it is lower than 62F.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, let us know what happens.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Make sure the condenser fan motor next to the compressor is running while the compressor is running.

If both are running, then you have a sealed system problem, check your owners manual warranty, some models have a 5 yr. warranty on that.

Contact Frigidaire at 1-800-374-4432 to come out FOR sealed system repair.

Jake

hackman

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, i was afraid of that. I'll give them a call Monday morning. Thank goodness for the 2nd unit, which is a 30 year old GE TFX20RNA which has been rock solid (knock on wood... LOL).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Thank goodness for the 2nd unit, which is a 30 year old GE TFX20RNA which has been rock solid
Yes, those GE models were made very well back 30 years ago.:)

Jake