Frigidaire A/C freezes solid, won't turn off FFTH1022R2

stevon123

Premium Member
Model Number
FFTH1022R2
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a 4 year old frigidaire FFTH1022R2 230 volt air conditioner that won't shut off no matter what the thermostat is set to. The only way to shut it off is to unplg the A/C. I'm trying to figure out a part number to buy to fix this unit a relay? control board? something else. Whatever I need it's got to be cheaper than to replace the unit at $500

stevon123

Premium Member
I live in San Diego and was perplexed when I spoke to Genie Air conditioning (wholesalers in the commercial A/C business) They said that there weren't a lot of replacement A/C units to put into the Frigidaire sleeve I have in the wall. They explained to me that the Frigidaire sleeve (by design) is too narrow by a inch and too tall to be replaced with any other industry's A/C unit. There are more standard wall sleeves (requires initial wall modification) that take many different brand units that will fit. I went up to Van Nuys from San Diego on a Saturday (took a full day) and after an hour of searching their inventory and weighing the options, we came to the conclusion that purchasing a standard size "universal" sleeve and their "OMLO" house brand commercial A/C unit would be the most economical solution. This would also allow the easy install of many options in the future for replacement. I still want to fix the old Frigidaire for the second unit on my property. Have the chassis out and will look for the control board.

Last edited: