Frigidaire Affinity AEQ8000FE No Heat

mattdoe

Model Number
AEQ8000FE
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a Frigidaire Affinity Series AEQ8000FE. I have had the dryer since 2008. The dryer is not heating. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

So its running but not heating? Did you check to make sure one of your dual breakers was not tripped? That would cause a dryer to run and not heat.

Pull the dryer out from the wall first, then unplug it, then remove the access panel where your power cord connects to the dryer terminal block.

Here's a photo of the terminal block where the power cord connects to:
FriedWires.jpg

Lots of times I see a short there, and that also causes this no heat issue, now if your wires on the terminal block are fine and not shorted, then plug the dryer power cord back in your wall outlet and use a multimeter and measure the voltage between the two outer hot wires(usually RED and BLACK) on the terminal block, the middle(WHITE) wire is neutral. Your multimeter should read between 220-240 volts across the two outer wires. If so then your power to the dryer is fine, then you'd need to follow the steps below to check your heating element.

Here's the heating element for your model you can order here if needed:
Heating Element Assembly 131553900

Ohm test it for continuity(Unplug your dryer first). 0 to 50 ohms means its good. When you click the heating element part link you will see two videos, one on how to ohm test it, one on how to access it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

mattdoe

Jake,
Thank you so much!! I will be looking into the dryer tomorrow. I will follow your directions and let you know how it goes. I appreciate you getting with me.
Matt

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Matt, sounds good, yes let us know.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Matt, sounds good.:)

Let us know how it goes after you replace it!

Jake