Frigidaire Affinity ATF8000FS1 Leaking Door

powerwindow

Premium Member
Model Number
ATF8000FS1
Brand
Frigidaire
Rick/Jake,
Hope your holidays went well. Well, as luck would have it, my front loading washer is leaking again. However, this time it appears to be leaking from the door. I know this is probably an obvious diagnosis, but I thought I'd check with my digital, virtual appliance repair technicians for advice.

I'm assuming with the age of the washer, and the several times removing the rubber door gasket on previous repairs, that it is the culprit for the leaking, and there is nothing else I should be looking at?

I most likely will look for a new gasket and retaining spring at the same time. Does this sound like the proper route?

Thanks again. Other than this, washer continues to high speed spin after cleaning the coin trap, and the dryer is quiet with the maintenance kit installed.

Tom

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Tom,

Yes, the holidays went well.:)

Yes, its possibly the front door boot seal, but check to make sure its not leaking from your outer tub assembly in the middle where the two outer tub halves meet, because if its leaking from that, then you'd need a new tub seal.

Here's the front door boot seal for your model:
Door Boot Seal 134728400

Video Included in part link.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

powerwindow

Premium Member
Thanks Jake,
How can you tell if it's leaking from the outer tub assembly? It appears to be leaking below the door, and the water travels along the front of the cabinet and collects on the front edge of the bottom of the front panel. Is this typical if the tub seal is faulty as well?

Thanks again for your assistance and pointing me in the right direction.

Tom

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How can you tell if it's leaking from the outer tub assembly?
You'd need to get a flashlight and look where the 2 outer tub halves meet in the middle while its got in it and washing.:)

It appears to be leaking below the door, and the water travels along the front of the cabinet and collects on the front edge of the bottom of the front panel. Is this typical if the tub seal is faulty as well?
No, because the water would only be dripping from the middle where the 2 outer tub halves meet.:)

If its just leaking from the door then your front door boot seal is bad.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Tom.

Let us know how it goes.:)

Jake