FIXED Frigidaire Affinity Dryer E61 Error

teddyk

Premium Member
Model Number
CASE7074NA0
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a Frigidaire electric dryer. We were getting error code E64 so I replaced the heater/coil and now we are getting error E61 after 5 minutes of running it and no heat. I can't figure out what it might be.
Ideas?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Error code E64 means Heater Open Circuit. This error appears when the Heating element or wiring to the heating element is defective.
I replaced the heater/coil
Was it open/bad?

Error code E61 means Heater Relay failure. Heater relay stuck open or closed, Wiring defective
Heater relay is on the board.

No pic LINK> Control board

jeff.

teddyk

Premium Member
I didn't bother checking the heater since the coils were charred. Should I test the heater relay somehow before ordering the Control board? How would I go about testing it?
Thanks

jeff1

Staff member
Sure, maybe ( power off first ) join the wires together to se if the dryer heats....do this only long enough to test.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
Should I test the heater relay somehow before ordering the Control board?
Sure, maybe ( power off first ) join the wires together to see if the dryer heats....do this only long enough to test.
NOT YOUR BOARD, just an example:

01014048.jpg Heat relay is on the right side of this pic, large relay is the heat relay.

jeff.

teddyk

Premium Member
Hi Jeff, sorry for the delay we were away for a week and just got back. I installed the new board and i'm still getting error E61. We have an older home and there was a separate fuse box between the breaker panel and the dryer. To eliminate that as a potential source of the issue I replaced it with a proper junction box and we are still getting the E61 error and still no heat. I must be close to getting this fixed. Please help my wife wants me to go out and buy a new set tomorrow and I really don't want to given all that i've spent in time and parts.

jeff1

Staff member
Check power at the dryer with a volt meter...black to red is 220-240 volts AC, red or black to white is 110-120 volts AC....E61 sometimes is a mixed up power wire.

jeff.

teddyk

Premium Member
Hi Jeff, I measured with a volt meter and black to red is 220-240 volts AC, red or black to white is 110-120 volts AC. I've attached a picture as well. Anything else that could be causing the error? New control board is bad?

DryerWiring.jpg

teddyk

Premium Member
I just tried running it again under the dream refresh and I got error e64, but I've already replaced the heater core. Ran it again to see if it would come back and got the e61 error again.

jeff1

Staff member
Recheck heater coil for continuity, if still ok then yes you might as well try another board....running out of possible trouble makers here.

jeff.

teddyk

Premium Member
I just found the issue. The black wire going to the heater coil came off after I installed it. May not have needed the controller after all. It's working great now. Thanks again for all your help and guidance Jeff. You rock!
Peace

jeff1

Staff member
Thankx for the update.
Crimp that wire a little tighter and push it back on.

jeff.