FIXED Frigidaire Affinity Washer ATF6000ES1, 1 slow turn only

pdesnoye

Premium Member
Model Number
ATF6000ES1
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a Frigidaire Affinity Model ATF6000ES1

On any cycle the tub slowly makes one turn and then stops, it does it again every 1 minute. I changed the Motor Control board; I cleaned the coins collector, I checked the Door latched. I have another motor on stand by; I hope someone is already familiar with this symptom and can help me before I make another unnecessary expense.

It fills water and drains ok

:wall:

thank you

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check for error codes. Wake the washer by pressing any button. Wait 5 seconds. Press and HOLD the Start/Pause and Cancel buttons simultaneously. As long as the buttons are held, the failure code will appear in the display as an E followed by two numbers, a number and a letter or two letters. The control will beep and the Door Lock, Wash, Rinse, and Final Spin indicator lights will flash. If there is no error displayed and the washer momentarily starts then turns back off: Listen for a relay closure inside the motor control shortly after the Start/Pause key is pressed. If this happens, the motor control has power. Check the 5 pin connector wiring between the console control and the motor control.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Remove the belt from the motor and spin the motor pulley. Does the motor spin free? If not replace the motor 137043000.

Spin the tub pulley. Does the tub spin free? If not check the bearings. Disconnect the plug from the drive motor and measure the resistance pins 4 & 5 in the motor. If the meter reads less than 105 Ohms or more than 130 Ohms, replace the motor 137043000.

If the reading is between 105 & 130 Ohms: Disconnect the plug from the motor and measure the resistance of the windings (pin 1 to 2, pin 1 to 3, pin 2 to 3). All readings should be between 4 and 6 Ohms.

If the readings are correct, replace the speed control board 134743500.

If the readings are incorrect, replace the motor 137043000.