artm69

Premium Member
Model Number
CER3600AS1
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello,

I've had this dryer since 2004. Lately it has developed a noise as follows:

0. With the drum out, there is no noise and everything else works.

1. Starts quite except for a periodic thump, about twice per drum revolution.

2. Then a whining ramping up to a scraping.

3. It's quiter when the coil is on, sometimes.

4. After running for a while, it may stop and do a periodic noise. Then it may be continuous.

5. After shutting down and a restart, there's that loud noise again. This is after it's been running for a while. If it starts cold the noise takes a little time to ramp up to a good level.

I've uploaded two videos of it:

http://www.px625.com/dryer1.mp3

http://www.px625.com/dryer2.mp3

The first is 3:00 minutes long from a cold start. The second is a restart from the previous run.

I checked the bearing, applied some grease. No go. Top felt looks OK, didn't check bottom felt.

Any help appreciated. I don't want to buy a new one as it's probably made more cheaply than this one. My need is for as basic a unit as I can get. This has done very well for me.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your motor bearing has gone bad, heard that same sound many times on my service calls.

Here's the motor for your model you can order:
131560100 Motor

Video Included in part link.

Jake

artm69

Premium Member
For the lilfe of me, I cannot get the blower wheel off! Yes, I know it's a reverse thread. I've tried jamming screwdrivers and other thigns in the "teeth" of the motor to stopit while I turn the wheel - nothing.

Any hints?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you watch the video? He shows you how to remove it with the socket wrench while holding the motor pulley shaft with channel-locks or a vise-grip.:)

If you still won't come off, then you will have to order the new blower wheel and housing assembly.

Here's the blower wheel and blower wheel housing for your model(Video Included in part link)
131775600 Blower Housing Assembly

Jake

artm69

Premium Member
Yes, I watched the video, tried all of that, even used an impact wrench. No go. The motor shaft still turns when I apply real pressure to the wheel.

My last hope is to take it all out as a unit and put the shaft it in a vise on the bench.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then you'll need to order both the motor and the blower wheel/housing assembly.

Jake