• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Dishwasher DGBD2438PF3A lower spray arm not spinning

Alx137

Premium Member
Model Number
DGBD2438PF3A
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello, I have a Frigidaire dishwasher, model: DGBD2438PF3A. I believe the unit is from 2016 or newer.

The lower spray arm is not spinning. It is equipped with "Blade Spray" technology that looks exactly like this:

hNCPs68.png

The blue "Blade Spray" piece DOES spin and spray water well, but the grey arm it's attached to does not.

I "tricked" my dishwasher into thinking the door was closed to get a better view, and the top arm spins plenty fast and certainly gets enough pressure, so I don't think water pressure has anything to do with it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does the lower grey spray arm move when you rotate it?

Did you remove it and see if something was blocking it from turning?

Jake

Alx137

Premium Member
Hi Jake, Thank you for your reply.
  • Yes the lower spray arm (grey) moves freely when I spin it with my hand.
  • I took apart the lower spray arm, including the glass trap, and ensured there was nothing that shouldn't be there. I even used a paperclip to ensure any spray holes in the grey arm were clear. Once I was finished I referred to the manual and cross-referenced a YouTube video to ensure I was re-assembling it correctly.
When I had the arm removed I ran the dishwasher with the door open and the water pressure was very strong and blasted the roof of the dishwasher. Also when it is assembled the water pressure coming from the blue Blade Spray piece seems strong and adequate. I am hesitant to buy a new lower spray arm because mine seems fine on inspection, and a new one would cost around $80. All that not even knowing if it's the issue!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, you also have a check ball in the sump that makes the water flow to the spray arms, lets make sure that ball is moving freely. The small pauses make that check ball move back or both for each pause to send water to each spray arm.

Another member with the same model you have had this same issue, read his final post #16 here:

Here's the parts diagram:
#58 is the check ball.

Here's the video to access the check ball:

Let us know what you find.

Jake