• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Dishwasher FFBD2408NS5B - switching to 'light wash' mode after sometime or next time

pyes

Premium Member
Model Number
FFBD2408NS5B
Brand
Frigidaire
Dishwasher model: FFBD2408NS5B

Symptoms: Lights blinking and doesn't start any wash cycle. Pressing 'normal' or any wash cycle mode won't stay and always switches back to 'light wash' mode immediately. Replaced the control board but have similar problem.

After replacing control board it ran once and completes a wash cycle without any issue but issue started again. Removed the touch panel connector ribbon and connected again (actually tried some continuity test on switches without knowing much on that part as I have no datasheet on those) - this time I was able to select different wash options and looked all working except that now the light/wash and heat/dry lights coming on and off about 30 second intervals when idle. Also during a wash cycle even after I selected normal wash it seems switching to 'light wash' automatically.

Now I doubt it is the switch assembly (touch panel) causing this issue, any recommendation or suggestions here please before I replace the switch assembly?

Thanks in advance!