• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Dishwasher FGIP2468UF0A leaking during lower spray arm cycle

bleehan

Premium Member
Model Number
FGIP2468UF0A
Brand
Frigidaire
I bought a new dishwasher from Lowe's in Jan 2020 (FGIP2468UF0A) owned the same model in a previous house for several years no problems. Last week, I noticed water under the door to the point where it would soak a bath towel. I ordered a new splash guard and door seal and replaced both (correctly).

I made sure the door hinge screws were snug as well. Still leaking. I removed the front panel to watch where it was coming from, and discovered that when the lower spray arm is spraying, that water pulses out of the splash guard vent holes, but only when the lower arm is in cycle.

I checked the lower spray arm for cracks as well as the center wash assembly that rotates on the end of the arm, but didn't see any apparent damage or cracks. I did however notice that the seam on the spray arm looked like it was separated along one side. I sealed the seam smooth with hot knife. After reassembly it still leaks in the same manner as before. I see no other areas where water is coming from...just from the holes in the splash guard. I even replaced the original splash guard and it is coming from the same place. Anybody got any other ideas before I scrap this thing and sell a kidney to replace it?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce L. Edmond, OK

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bruce,

It has to either be the lower spray arm or the lower orbital sprayer that's causes it to leak, that's all it can be at this point.

Here's the lower spray arm for your model:

Here's the lower orbital sprayer for your model:

Jake

bleehan

Premium Member
Thank you very much! I'll try the orbital sprayer first...just can't believe a new-ish dishwasher is already having leakage issues. Oh well...I'll reply with results. Thanks again!

Bruce

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bruce, sounds good, yes keep us posted.

Jake