• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Dishwasher LFID2426TF4A stuck in wash cycle?

Fibrotina

Premium Member
Model Number
LFID2426TF4A
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a fairly new Frigidaire dishwasher model LFID2426TF4A. We had hard water so I stopped using the dishwasher. Had not even used it 40 times. We now have softened water so I went back to the dishwasher. It didn't seem to be getting water. Called repair person and they change the water fill valve.

Got a trickle of water so repair man left. Tried washing dishes that night and no water. Doing some google searches I checked the float and valve and they seem to work. Can get water in the dishwasher on rinse cycle only.

But dishwasher still sounds like it is trying to wash. I turned off breaker and pulled dishwasher out. Took water fill hose off and ran rinse cycle into a pan. Water flowed great. Hooked it back up and no water. Played with the float and valve.... YouTube video showed foam could block the valve in the panel on the bottom of dishwasher.

Again water went into dishwasher and it sounded like it was washing but it never did. To get the water to drain out I had to put the dishwasher into rinse cycle. Water drained out. Tried normal wash again and no water but dishwasher sounds like it is washing. I'm at my Witt's end with it and about to trash the thing. Any ideas on what it is?? My hot tap water is 120 degrees. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I'd first check to see if the water inlet valve rubber hose to the tub inlet was kinked, that would cause this problem.

Here's that water inlet valve rubber hose that goes to the tub inlet:
There is a video in the rubber hose part link that shows you how to access it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Fibrotina

Premium Member
Thank you for your reply, Jake. We had taken the hose off and checked it over.. no kink, no holes or damage of any kind. Water flows through it just fine into a bowl and into the dishwasher.
**Last night I was playing around with the dishwasher and it filled with water, sat a long time heating the water, I assume. It didn't do anything from there. When I finally opened the door I was hit with steam so it seems to heat. I had to cancel the wash cycle and put it in Rinse so it would drain the water out. I then held the cancel button for the 3 seconds to clear the cycle. I waited about 30 minutes and tried again and this time no water went into the dishwasher. Tried again an hour later and it did as before...filled with water and just sat there.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Fibrotina

Premium Member
Jake,
Tried the water/service test and the dishwasher filled with water and turned off. Left it alone and it never did anything else.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Fibrotina

Premium Member
Thank you so much!! Ordering now!!

I really appreciate the time you took to help me. Have a great day!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, let us know how it goes.

You have a great day as well.:)

Jake

Fibrotina

Premium Member
After finally getting the control board and getting it switched I am still having issues. The dishwasher fills with water, sounds like it is washing but never washes then rinses. I am pretty sure the next thing to have to buy and try is the motor?? 😭

Fibrotina

Premium Member
Also, can the control board be returned if it didn't fix the issue?? Ordered it from your link above.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
After finally getting the control board and getting it switched I am still having issues. The dishwasher fills with water, sounds like it is washing but never washes then rinses. I am pretty sure the next thing to have to buy and try is the motor?? 😭
Yes, it sounds like possibly a bad wash(circulation) motor then. You can verify that with a multimeter, just remove the electrical connector from the wash motor and put your meter leads in that connector and see if you get 120 volts after it fills and should be washing. Its the blue and white wires that connect to your wash motor.

Here's the circulation wash motor for your model:

lso, can the control board be returned if it didn't fix the issue?? Ordered it from your link above.
Unfortunately once you install it you can't return it, you can always sell it on ebay and recupe some of your money back.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.