frigidaire double oven range

maevy

Premium Member
imported post

I'm shopping for a freestanding electric range and was considering frigidaire's double oven model. Does anyone know if it's any good... had any problems? I was also looking into the Maytag Gemini.Thanks maevy

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

maevy wrote:
was considering frigidaire's double oven model...
I wasn't aware Frigidaire had a double oven, free-standing range.
Are you sure you're not thinking of Maytag's Gemini range?

Unless you're asking about Frigidaire's 40" model but then I don't know if the LH unit is a full-fledged "oven"?

Dan O.
Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~

aaastan

Appliance Tech
imported post

I havenever had occassion to servicethe Maytag Gemini range. A very reliable source(long-time friend--also a warranty servicer)has told me that he does not find them to bevery good.

The Frigidaire 40-inch model has a smaller oven on the left hand side as Dan mentioned. This oven is operated with a non-electronic oven control and is also a manual clean oven. The right side oven is fully computer controlled and self-cleaning.

It is not without its potential problems.

Some Electronic Oven Controls (EOC) have been malfunctioning on Frigidaire self-cleaning ovens (and some wall ovens)--putting out a fault code "F11".

We are not 100 percent sure what the actual cause is yet. Frigidaire is problably working on it and will *de-bug* the problem soon.

Personally--I am hard-pressed to recommend a brand of range/oven that doesn't have some type of achilles heel.

John

maevy

Premium Member
imported post

The frigidaire im interested in is on the sears.ca.  I couldn't find any info about it in consumer reports so im hunting... thanks. 

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

maevy wrote:
I couldn't find any info about it in consumer reports so im hunting...
Sorry but I'm not at all familiar with the product. If it is that new, it is unlikely you will find much about it at Consumer Reports as it usually takes several years to compile any sort of meaningful statistical reliability data for a product.

JFYI

Dan O.
Appliance411.ca
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~

maevy

Premium Member
imported post

thanks Dan O,                    we're going to forgo the double oven feature it seems that it's repair prone. Thanks again for you're advice.maevy