• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Double Wall Oven FGET3066UFA F45 Cooling Fan Error

Appanuck

Premium Member
Model Number
FGET3066UFA
Brand
Frigidaire
My Frigidaire Double Wall Oven (FGET3066UFA) has started getting an F45 error anytime I pre-heat the upper or lower oven. After 1 to 5 retries it will usually work (seems like once I can get it heated a little everything is good).

The wiring diagram says F45 is an "Upper oven cooling fan speed too low" error and I should replace either the "cooling fan" or "oven control". The fan(s) are definitely noisier than first purchase so I suspect that's the cause.

I'm assuming cooling fan in this case is the 108 pancake fan in the upper oven diagram below?
upper.jpg

The 108 squirrel cage fan in the lower oven diagram below would be ok? I'm assuming it's the F47 error "Lower oven cooling fan speed too low"?
lower.jpg

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Appanuck said:
getting an F45 error anytime I pre-heat the upper or lower oven.

The wiring diagram says F45 is an "Upper oven cooling fan speed too low" error and I should replace either the "cooling fan" or "oven control".

I'm assuming cooling fan in this case is the 108 pancake fan in the upper oven diagram below?

I also assume that is the cooling fan for the upper oven however I don't know how operation of the lower oven would be affected by it. Maybe check the oven's wiring diagram to see if it runs when either oven is operated.

If it does run whenever either oven is used, you might want to check it first. Maybe just stray insulation or some other foreign object gotten into it and is causing the error (and noted change in sound)?

JMO

Dan O.

Appanuck

Premium Member
According to the matrix, the upper fan should only be on with upper bake, so I'm a little stumped. Control Board?
1643830557220.png

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Appanuck said:
Control Board?

I'm sorry but I can't make that pronouncement. I have not worked on such a model. I don't know how to reasonably accurately determine the cause and there looks to be 2 circuit boards in it @ $200+ ea. I'm not certain which would be more likely to be responsible.

Maybe someone else will offer a suggestion? I'd still suggest someone inspect the motors for obstructions, etc. just in case.

Dan O.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the tech. data sheet: https://ecommcdnprod.azureedge.net/...roduct_support/FGET/FGET3069UFB/A00980650.pdf

F45 Upper oven cooling fan speed too low
1. Check if the cooling fan blades are blocked.
2. Confirm tachometer harness is connected on fan and on oven control.
3. Replace cooling fan.
4. Replace oven control.

Yes, #108 should be the upper oven cooling fan:

Like Dan mentioned above, it would be good to see if something is binding it up first, look here at this post:
Kenmore 790 is made by Frigidaire.

Jake

Appanuck

Premium Member
Thanks for the info Jake.
I've order part 108 to replace regardless, for $100 I figure I might as well replace it since it's such a pain to get the oven off the wall. I'll definitely re-seat the connectors and examine for insulation & bent sheet metal while installing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Remember to disconnect power first to your double oven before you replace it.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.