Frigidaire dryer FAQE7001LW0 runs but no heat

terese22

Premium Member
Model Number
FAQE7001LW0
Brand
Frigidaire
My dryer is running but there is no heat. When I follow the directions to get an error code, I am able to get to Fld mode but it doesn't beep three times and I haven't received an error message.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model to make sure your doing it correctly: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2oejih60x7if9q/FAQE7001LW0.pdf?dl=0

Look under READING ERROR CODES.:)

Let us know if that helps.

Here's also the parts diagram for your model: Frigidaire Dryer FAQE7001LW0 Repair Parts

If it still does the same thing, then we will have to do the process of elimination to find the problem.

Do you have a multimeter?

I'd first Check the dual breaker in your home breaker box, if one is tripped and the other is not, it will cause the dryer to run, but not heat. What I do on my service calls is reset BOTH breakers turning them completely OFF, then turn them BOTH back ON again and bingo it's back to normal, if one is tripped!

If your dual breaker is not tripped, then pull your dryer out from the wall, then unplug it, then check your terminal block where your power cord connects to.

I see that happen a lot too, look here:
(click to enlarge)
FriedWires.jpg

If you see no broken wires at the terminal block, then The first thing I always do is use my multimeter to do a volt test at the dryer terminal block, where the power cord connects to it.

First make sure your getting 230-240 volts at the terminal block in the back of your dryer. The outer wires are hot, middle wire is neutral. So put your volt meter probes on each of the two outer wires at the terminal block and see what your meter reads, you should get 230-240 volts between the two outer wires on the terminal block.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

terese22

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Thanks for the suggestions. There are no broken wires at the terminal block and I have tried unplugging the dryer and plugging it back in along with turning the breaker switches off and on again.
I was finally able to get an error message which was E5B: heater fault.
I purchased a multimeter but couldn’t get a reading on the terminal block wires. I might not be using it correctly.
Now that I have an error code, do you have suggestions?
Thank you,
Terese

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Terese, My bad, you don't need to check for 230-240 volts, your dryer is gas and does not use a 240 heating element, sorry about that.

Correct, E5B=Heater Fault (no heating).

--->Position cycle selector to NORMAL, temperature selector to HIGH HEAT and touch START. Measure voltage across terminals on relay RL2 (heater relay) on electronic control. If meter reads 240V on electric models and 120V on gas models, replace electronic control.

--->If meter reads zero, remove power from dryer. Disconnect wire going to NO terminal on the relay RL2.

--->Reconnect power and measure voltage drop between terminal COM on relay RL2 and neutral. If meter reads zero, wire between incoming line and relay RL2 is open. If meter reads 120V, check the rest of the heater circuit.

You may want to have a friend or relative help you with using the multimeter, or watch videos on Youtube on how to use a multimeter, there should be plenty.

Here's the electronic control for your model:
137070890 Electronic Housing

Jake