Frigidaire Dryer leaving burn marks

willjames

Premium Member
Model Number
FAQG7077KA0
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello everybody,

I have a Frigidaire dryer model FAQG7077KA0. In the past couple of years, we have noticed some small burn marks on our clothes and towels. It does not happen all of the time, but comes and goes. It appears to be from the air duct vent that is on the back wall of the dryer. When we first got the dryer it was shiny, now it has turned dark and appears to be burnt.

I have attached a picture to show what I am talking about. You can see on the picture that something was stuck on it and melted on to the grate, most likely a dryer sheet.

I have looked up the replacement part, and it is just a duct (Item #16 part number 134694020), but it is much more than just the cover.

R0909099-00001.jpg

I was hoping I could replace it myself, but it looks like a major undertaking.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could use to clean it to remove the char marks? Or any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
Will

Dryer Pic.jpg

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

we have noticed some small burn marks on our clothes and towels.
Have any pictures of those?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could use to clean it to remove the char marks? Or any other suggestions?
Heat inlet duct often looks darkened from the heat...I'd be more worried about why the dryer is getting too hot in the first place.

jeff.

willjames

Premium Member
I've attached a picture of some cleaning towels that we just pulled from the dryer. You can see the burn marks on them.

We ran these on the Towels/Bedding setting which I believe runs on high heat, so I would expect it to get pretty hot.

Could it be that the vent is getting clogged and that is why the dryer is getting so hot? But since that is the air inlet, wouldn't you expect it to get pretty hot?

Thanks again for your time.

Towel.jpg

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Could it be that the vent is getting clogged and that is why the dryer is getting so hot?
With any dryer issue, it is always a good idea to check/clean filter, venting and vent hood.

To me it appears ( from your first pic ) something may have been put in the dryer that shouldn't have been put in, something like a bath mat with a backing or such is stuck to the grill.
Can try scraping or sanding off the grill and painting it with a high temp paint....or changing that....

Air-Duct-134694030--01086223.jpg Rear heat duct Manufacturer Number 134694030

...I'd also be inclined to test the temp of the exhausting air and it should run 130-150ºF on and off for most cycles with no clothes inside.

jeff.

cabbagechucker

Premium Member
I had this problem with mine (FAQG7011KR0) it was still under warranty and there was a recall i believe. That metal screen in your first picture was changed out with a "new" style one and I think that was all the tech had to do. I'd look into a possible recall, I haven't had any burned clothes since and that was a year and a half to two years ago. Hope that helps maybe.