Frigidaire Dryer Model AGQ6000ES2 circuit board help

Randy22

Premium Member
Model Number
AGQ6000ES2
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a frigidaire dryer model AGQ6000ES2 that is having a stuck button error code E68. After checking that all the buttons were functioning, I concluded the circuit board was going bad and purchased a replacement. Upon installing the board the dryer button control was all mixed up and turned around. I checked multiple sites to verify that I bought the correct one. The board is identical to the old one in every way except for one additional component. See the zoomed in photo. There appears to be a knob in middle of it, and I'm wondering if I need to do something with that to get it to work with my model. Any thoughts or experience with this?

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Randy22

Premium Member
That exact part # is the first board I ordered and it did the same thing this one is doing. I sent it back because I thought it was faulty. The one I have now is a second board from a different site that is acting the same way. That is why I'm wondering if there should be additional instructions with it on modifying the board in some way to work with this model.

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, maybe the wrong part was in that box. The two boards in the first pic are similar but two different boards so two different part numbers. Are these boards new or used? You're showing me boards and the part when new looks like this:
Snapshot_5.jpg

Here's the deal; E68 stuck key- I assume you went into function test mode and performed key test and determined there were no stuck keys so you diagnosed a bad electronic control. I would assume the same thing. You ordered a replacement board and when you started the machine you said:
Randy22 said:
.....the dryer button control was all mixed up and turned around.
That should have told you right off that's the wrong board. If it was the correct board at the very least you would have the same problem and not extra problems. We can both agree the problem is either a stuck key or the electronic control board, correct? If the key is not stuck the control board is bad or it's the wrong board.

Randy22

Premium Member
Yes, I went through the process of eliminating the stuck button error code. All of the buttons on the old board appear to have good responsiveness and function normally. And yes, both websites for the two replacement boards I bought showed the pictures you have above, with the housing. However both arrived without the housing and with a note that said they don't supply them with the housing any more. They also came with a really terrible set of instructions on modifications to the board that need to be done with pictures that are not of the same board. Looking at the new board, I couldn't make heads or tails of what the instructions are referring to. Thanks

Attachments

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, that makes sense just needing the board and not the housing. I can't make out any of the writing on those sheets even with my glasses. My eyes are just too old I guess. I'll see if I can find a copy online and I should be able to help you. From what I can make out it looks like those instructions are just for mounting the board in the housing. Is there any rewiring that needs to be done?

Randy22

Premium Member
You should be able to zoom in on the photos enough to see the writing. It talks about pulling tabs off the control board, but I don't see anything like that on the board and the pictures don't match. Thanks a lot!

Randy22

Premium Member
I can do that, but everything I've seen online is saying this is the right board, so I don't know what to order in it's place.

rickgburton

Staff member
Randy22 said:
2 in a row, from different companies? That doesn't seem like coincidence.
Once again, here's the deal; The E68 stuck key error only has three repair choices. Fix the wires in the wire harness if pinched or broken, unstick the key or or replace the board. It has to be one of those choices. If you tell me you checked the wires and keys and they test good, the board is the only thing left. Unless I'm missing something, you got two bad boards or wrong boards. I'm going with wrong boards but I'm not always right. I got one wrong in 2016 so I'm not perfect. lol

Randy22

Premium Member
Rick,
I'm sending the one I have back and for model # AGQ6000ES2, you're recommending part number #134557201NH?

rickgburton

Staff member
Correct, the link is in post #2. If you're going through the same place have them check it first before shipping it. Make sure the description matches your board or you might get a 3rd incorrect board. If you go through the link I gave you it has a 365 day warranty.