• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire FEX831CS0 Stacked Washer/Dryer not Agitating

transplant_wi

Premium Member
Model Number
FEX831CS0
Brand
Frigidaire
The washer would overfill, so the repair tech replaced the "float" (pressure sensor?). Now the washer fills but does not agitate. The tech replaced the timer, but the problem remained and they tried another timer with the same result.

The washer is silent during the agitation phase. Manually advancing the cycle will cause the washer to lock the lid, drain and and spin, which perhaps rules-out a problem with the motor, transmission and drive belt. Is it possible they damaged something when replacing the pressure switch?

Thank you for any suggestions or assistance you can offer!

Al

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Al,

Did the tech run it to test it before he left?

Make sure he connected the pressure switch hose to the tub air dome on the side of your outer tub, and that it didn't come loose.

Drain all the water in the tub, then run it through spin, then remove the power to your washer, then remove the pressure switch hose from the pressure switch then blow through the pressure switch hose hard. Then blow into the pressure switch nipple and you should hear a click sound.

Here's the water level pressure switch for your model:
134422700 Switch

Here's the pressure switch hose for your model:
5304401845 Pressure Hose Tube

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is the idea behind blowing into the tube to dislodge any blockage?
Yes, exactly.

Keep us posted.

Jake

transplant_wi

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I followed your instructions, the drum filled (and correctly stopped filling), then I manually advanced the timer to drain and spin and unplugged the unit.

I was able to blow through the hose - there was moderate resistance, but it seemed about right. Blowing hard into the pressure switch did NOT cause it to click.

Is the (new) pressure switch is defective, even though it correctly controlled the tub fill phase? Does the pressure switch have to send a "go" signal to the timer to allow agitation to proceed?

Thanks,

Al

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Al,

Where did you get the pressure switch from? Its defective if it DOES NOT click when blowing in it.

Jake

transplant_wi

Premium Member
The washer belongs to a friend and an appliance repairman attempted the repair, so I have no idea of the source. There was no click, so the switch looks like the culprit.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, correct, the pressure switch is bad.

Jake

transplant_wi

Premium Member
Now I'm really confused, and a little embarrassed.

When I blew into the old pressure switch it did not click, but after I removed it from the washer-dryer it did, but it sounded like there might be water inside (could be wrong, but it was different from the crisp click of the new switch). Suffice to say that the new switch did not fix the problem, so we'll chalk that up to user error. I re-opened the unit and confirmed that all wires and the hose were connected properly and no other connections in the area appeared loose. The washer filled, then stopped, with no agitation.

With the quarantine I am not sure when I can get back to it, but what is the next troubleshooting step? Recall that the previous repairman claimed to have replaced the timer twice.

Al

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Al,

I don't know what else to suggest.

You will need to have that service tech come back to see what's going on.

Jake