• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire FFCD2413US3A Dishwasher Leaking Water out the bottom

tvt5043

Premium Member
Model Number
FFCD2413US3A
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi All,
I have read through the forums and it has been helpful. I was able to narrow down my issues and am looking for any additional details or answer someone may know.

I initially had a leak whenever I was started a wash. After reading forums and youtube, I brought and replaced the bottom door seal. Since the old one look pretty used up for just being 2 years old. I replaced the seal and observed water was still leaking out. This time I left the front door off and can see where the water was coming from. It's overfilling and leaking from the front.

I check the float switched and it seems to be working. It bobbles as needed. Upon further observation, I saw that water was leaking down the float stem and onto the float switch. The float switch would filling with water causing the switch to push down tricking the washer and adding more water. I check and the float seems fine. Basically a plug that is inserted into a hole, but my question is, is there suppose to be some sort of seal to stop water from getting in there?

the next issue I found was that whenever the wash was completed, the wash would fill up with water. Seems like a faulty water inlet valve. Could these issues be related or 2 separate issues? I ordered a new float and a water inlet value.

Kind odd things starting to break all at the same time. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I believe its just the water inlet valve that isn't shutting off when no power is applied to it, thus you get water coming back into the dishwasher when the dishwasher is off and going down the float stem.

To test that, just disconnect power to the dishwasher and see if your water inlet valve keeps putting water in with no power to it.:)

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:

I don't see a float seal on this model, so you only have a float going down into the float stem.

Here's the float for your model:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

tvt5043

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick response and helpful links! I will check and will report back

tvt5043

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
sadly no water is filling up with the dishwasher being unplugged.

With the power on, if I remove the float the water stops filling. So I know the float switch works. Its just that water drips down the float stem. If I put the float back in, the water being to fill....

Any other ideas? Does this still point to water inlet valve?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When its filling with water did you disconnect power to the dishwasher and see if it stops filling?

Did you check underneath the float for a foreign object making the float stay down, thus continuing to fill?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
the next issue I found was that whenever the wash was completed, the wash would fill up with water. Seems like a faulty water inlet valve.
That's exactly what I'm thinking, its possibly the water inlet valve sticking open intermittently.

Jake

tvt5043

Premium Member
I have not. I’ll have to check that. Will report back!

Also, did check, there is no foreign object stuck.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, let us know how it goes.

Jake

tvt5043

Premium Member
As I plug the power to the dishwasher it begins to fill. As I unplug the power it stops.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then its probably a intermittent water inlet valve problem.

Jake

tvt5043

Premium Member
I just changed the water inlet valve and the same behavior still persist. I’m so lost now…. What else can this be..?

Now when I run the dishwasher, water is leaking down the float stem heavy. Like it’s pouring out. Before it would just slow drip. i tried removing the top rack and spray arm and seems to make the water stem leak worst.

I checked the top arm and ran a hose through it and noticed water leaking from the center of the arm. I’m not sure if the water hose is pushing too much pressure on the arm. Any thoughts on this?

Could the float switch be defective? Like the arm that the float sits on might be weak and sitting in the down position more then it should, which is filling the washer with too much water? The switch does work once the water fill to the top lip of the door before it spills over. At this point water is somehow getting under the float stem and dripping down onto the switch arm. Something hardware wise seems to be causing this issue.

Attachments

• 0D27EBCC-3D76-4025-A13E-94FCC77535D0.jpeg
    0D27EBCC-3D76-4025-A13E-94FCC77535D0.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you replace the float too?

Move the float up and down and see if the float switch clicks.

Yes, its possibly a bad float switch lever.

Here's the float switch assembly for your model:
Float Switch 154773201

Jake

tvt5043

Premium Member
Hey Jake.... reporting back....

I am having the same issues after replacing all the hardware items I can think of that could cause this issue. Anything like this you saw before?

Replace: float switch, float, top arm, bottom arm....

I want to say a bad design/defect but this has been working for the last 2 years......Water is still leaking down the float stem and accumulating water on the float switch, therefore tricking the washer into adding more water than needed. This does not seem like anything related to electrical and has to be hardware. All of which I have replaced.

Is there anything else I may be missing?

tvt5043

Premium Member
Also replaced my water inlet valve. Water is still filling and behaving the same way. Once the cycle is canceled or finish, what’s the behavior? It shouldn’t fill at all is my understanding. Is that correct?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also replaced my water inlet valve. Water is still filling and behaving the same way. Once the cycle is canceled or finish, what’s the behavior? It shouldn’t fill at all is my understanding. Is that correct?
That is correct. That's what I DON'T get either, it should not be filling, so either the water inlet valve is defective or the control board is telling it to fill and the control board is bad. That's why I mentioned to disconnect power to the dishwasher while its filling and see if the water stops coming in, if it does, then your control board is bad.

Here's the control board for your model:

Jake

tvt5043

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Really appreciate all your response. I just can’t seem solve my other issues making me second guess it’s the board. Just so happens both issues occurring at the same time?

If I replace my board… I still have the leaking from the stem problem. Both unrelated.

I think I’d need to ask friends who have a similar model and see how it should function…

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, This is a very UNCOMMON problem, but that's the only way to tell what part is bad. Or use a voltmeter to see if your getting 120 volts to the water inlet valve electrical connector when it shouldn't be filling with the float UP and the float switch in a open circuit.

Jake

tvt5043

Premium Member
Hey Jake,
I was finally able to resolve my issue. I want to thank you for your help and all of your responses.

I ended up replacing the inlet valve again, which did not resolve my issue.

Resolved: I had to replace the board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.