• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire FFSS2615TS0 side by side leaking

markw365

Model Number
FFSS2615TS0
Brand
Frigidaire
Have a really interesting problem, going to pull it out and check the diode tomorrow. However right now if you get a glass of water from the dispenser, you get a dribble of water out the ice dispenser. When looking closer to it, I can pull the ice bucket out of the freezer, hold the door switch in, fill some water and when I let off I get a stream of water off the ice maker that is full already. This happens when you release the dispenser valve, so it is when it is turning off/closing the dispenser valve. I suspect the ice filler solenoid is getting power momentarily and causing this. Otherwise the ice maker works fine, and it's only when you dispense water from the door.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, first check the diode.

A bad diode or bad water inlet valve would cause that problem with water running into the ice maker when using your water dispenser.

Look for the diode at the wiring harness before it plugs into your water inlet valve connectors.

Some models have the diode and some don't only way to tell is cut open that black heat shrink, but be careful not to get the wires. Unplug your refrigerator first.

Here's the diode kit:
Diode 5303918287

Here's the water inlet valve:
242252702 Water Valve

Let us know what you find.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.