• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire FG4H2272UF - Freezer not cooling

dixon290

Premium Member
Model Number
FG4H2272UF
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a Frigidaire FG4H2272UF that's about 2 years old and the freezer started showing HI temp about a week ago and has gotten worse. Based on the advice here I checked the diagnostics and everything seems OK. Thermistor is reading correctly, no ice/dust build up.

This morning, the flex drawer also is starting to warm up - was holding steady at 32 degrees before now. The ice make is working fine.

What else should I be looking at? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model:

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://ecommcdnprod.azureedge.net/..._product_support/FG4/FG4H2272UF/A15500203.pdf

Do you hear the freezer evaporator fan motor running inside the freezer? Some models you have to push in the door switch when the door is open to hear the fan motor running.

You can do TEST 15 in the tech. data sheet as well. Also do TEST 70 Fresh Food Evaporator Fan to see if that's running too.

Also TEST 18 Condenser Fan, that fan motor is located in the very back of the refrigerator, next to the compressor.

Jake

dixon290

Premium Member
All three of those fan seem to be running during the test. Any other thoughts? Ice maker is running a little warm (32F, so ice is still there but smaller and a bit wet).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like a sealed system problem then, you can remove the back panel inside the freezer and take a photo of your evaporator coil.

Look at the very bottom photo below where it says NORMAL FROST PATTERN.

Frost Patterns.jpg

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.