• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire FGF366EBB oven won't stay on after preheat setting.

beckermke

Model Number
FGF366EBB
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello to all! I am experiencing problems with my Frigidaire gas oven/range (Model # FGF366EBB) going on a month now. I am imploring anyone with repair ideas to point me in the right direction.

THE PROBLEM: After I set the oven to the bake setting, the oven begins its preheat cycle and starts to gradually warm. However after the oven reaches the set preheat temperature, the bake function automatically shuts itself off and begins to cool. The "BAKE" light on the control panel turns off while the "PREHEAT" light remains on. I can hear the oven calling for gas and the unit does get hot during the initial preheat but does not remain after this cycle.

WHAT WORKS ON THE OVEN: The range burners work just fine and the broiler works at both the high and low settings.

WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR: After extensive internet repair research, I initially thought the problem was a faulty temperature gauge and bake igniter. I have since replaced both parts and they appear to work normally. I am not receiving the F3 error code to implicate any problems with the temperature sensor after a replacement and use of wire connectors. After replacing the bake igniter, the part glows like it should and sends flame down the metal tubing.

At this point, I do not have an idea how to move forward to fix the oven and be able to repair the bake setting. My hunch is that I should consider the control panel but I am asking for help for my next move.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem?

I appreciate any input in this matter.

Thank you all and I hope you have a great New Year.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like your clock oven control board is bad. To verify that you will need a multimeter to take a voltage reading at the bake ignitor glow bar electrical connector that connects to the bake ignitor glow bar, we know its getting 120 volts when it first comes on because you said it glows and the gas fires.

So after the intial heat cycle, unplug the electrical connector to the bake igniter glow bar, then put your meter probes in it and see if you get 120 volts on the 2nd heat cycle.

Here's the clock oven control board for your model: 5304509983 Clock

Let us know what you find.

Happy New Year!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.