• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire FGHG2366PF4A Ice Maker Issues

Amiro1379

Premium Member
Model Number
FGHG2366PF4A
Brand
Frigidaire

I recently moved into this home and this fridge never had a water supply hooked up to the ice maker. This unit only has an ice maker, no water dispenser. I hooked it up and everything seemed fine but it never made ice. The following day my whole freezer is overflown with water and ice. Spent all day taking the freezer apart and took off all the ice. I tried to hook it up again but now I don't hear any water going into the ice maker. I thought I still had frozen cubes so I used a hair dryer to try to melt as much ice as I can. I even pulled out the water inlet valves and blew air through the tubes and it wasn't blocked at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, try to test cycle the ice maker first.

Test Cycling: Remove ice maker plastic cover by inserting screwdriver in notch at bottom and prying cover from housing. Use screwdriver to rotate the small gear counterclockwise until about 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Then the ice maker gear should keep turning on its own till the end of the ice maker cycle.

If it does not turn on its own check for 120 volts between the Light Blue wire and the Black wire.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
Ice Maker Assembly 5303918493

Jake

Amiro1379

Premium Member
Hi Jake

I tried that..the gears move very slowly until it finishes the cycle, but nothing really happens after.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, now lets see if your ice maker is calling for water, pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower access panel and locate the water inlet valve, where your water supply line hooks up to.

You'll need a multimeter to see if your getting 120 volts to the ice maker GREEN SOLENOID side of the water inlet valve. The GREEN SOLENOID is for the ice maker water. Just remove the plastic electrical connector that goes to it, then put your meter leads in each one and then cycle the ice maker(turn the gear 1/4 turn clockwise then let it rotate on its own) and watch your meter for 120 volts towards the end of the cycle. If you don't get 120 volts, then your ice maker is the culprit.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
242252702 Water Valve

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Amiro1379

Premium Member
I'm getting 0 voltage on the green solenoid. So I need to replace the ice maker or the inlet valve?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
0 volts on the electrical connector to the GREEN SOLENOID while the ice maker is cycling, means the ice maker is bad and not calling for water.

Order the ice maker from the link to it in post #2 above, and you'll be back in business.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's impossible! I had one last summer do this same thing in Blythe, California and the new ice maker fixed it.

Check the voltage to the GREEN SOLENOID again when the ice maker is cycling, of still 0 Volts, then you have a broken wire to that water inlet valve.

Jake

Amiro1379

Premium Member
Could it be the inlet valve at all?

It did work when I initially installed it and I was hearing the water flowing into the ice maker.

But it overflowed overnight and flooded my freezer and since then it never worked again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How did you get the water to shut off? Turn you turn it off at the faucet going to the water inlet valve?

Is the water turned on to the water inlet valve right now?

Like I mentioned above--->You'll need a multimeter to see if your getting 120 volts to the ice maker GREEN SOLENOID side of the water inlet valve as the ice maker is cycling, you should see 120 volts on the meter for about 5-7 seconds towards the end of the ice maker cycle.

Jake

Amiro1379

Premium Member
Yeah I turned it off from the faucet in the basement, it wasn't leaking at that time because I think everything got frozen.

Yes the water is on right now but the water isn't moving at all.

Sorry for the noob question but do I use the multimeter on the green solenoid terminals or in the green connecter that's plugs into the solenoid? The green connecter opening is flat so the multimeter probes won't fit in there.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Put your meter on VOLTS AC, remove the electrical connector to the GREEN SOLENOID and put your meter probes in that electrical connector, 1 meter probe in each of the two electrical connectors and cycle the ice maker and keep watching the meter for it to read 120 volts towards the end of the ice maker cycle.

Jake