• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire FGHS2655PF2 refrigerator running well below setpoint / freezing

Ironclaw87

Model Number
FGHS2655PF2
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a Frigidaire FGHS2655PF2 which is freezing items on my refrigerator side. Set point was increased to 45 degrees and actual temps still report around 30-32 degrees via cooking thermometer. Replaced both thermistors (one on second shelf, other by the water filter). No change, still have frozen items.

Verified the blend door (damper control assy) was functional. When set to ‘off’ the door will close, power on, will open. Was also able to see it open and close at least one other time when changing temp set points. Appears to be functional. Did not appear to bind and motion was smooth.

What’s the next step, I don’t want to blindly replace the control board without reason, but if thermistors and damper door are functional - I’m lead to think that’s next thing to try.
What would you suggest? Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If the thermistors are good and the damper door is good, the only part left that would cause this problem is the main control board.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order:
242115254 Board-Main Power

Place the thermistor is a small glass and fill it with crushed ice. Add enough water to cover the thermistor. This should bring the temperature of the thermistor very close to 32*F-33*F. At 33*F the thermistor should measure 31,658 ohms. At 32*F the thermistor should measure 32,566 ohms (+ or - 2%). Your thermistor should be between 31.6K and 32.5K ohms.

Did you ohm test and replace this thermistor?
Thermistor 240597203

Here's the video to access/replace both of them:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.