• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire FPBG2278UF5 French door ice maker leaking and freezing inside freezer

Cevan

Model Number
FPBG2278UF5
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a model FPBG2278UF5 french door frig with an ice maker inside the freezer. No dispenser. About three months ago I noticed ice building up below the ice maker, leading me to think it was leaking. I removed the ice and shut off the ice maker by lifting up the wire. No more leaks so I assumed it wasn’t a water valve. I had a repairman out to fix it under warranty and he said the fill cup was frozen and basically defrosted it. I didn’t observe too closely what he was doing but it sounded like he was using a heat gun/hair dryer. Now it’s happening again. I have the freezer set at zero degrees.

Any advice on how to repair this myself? Not exactly sure how these ice makers work. It looks like two screw hold it in. I presume there’s a power connector.

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I've not run into this problem before on my service calls.

Since its still under the 1 yr. warranty contact Frigidaire to come back out at 1-800-374-4432 and see what's going on. The tech. will have a special HOTLINE to the FACTORY to get them involved.

Let us know what they find.

Jake