• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Frigidaire FPBM3077RFA microwave has no power

Joemah

Premium Member
Model Number
FPBM3077RFA
Brand
Frigidaire
Have had microwave about 18 months without issue. It just decided to lose all power, no display or anything. Not aware of any power surges or anything at the house. I checked that the socket has power and is working correctly. Any ideas?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Any ideas?
Fuse, filter/fuse board, cavity thermal cut out, magnetron thermal cut out, pc board could do that.

LINK> Microwave fuse
LINK> Microwave filter ( where the fuse is )

The fuse should be checked first...

[video=youtube_share;NRb7-ATAq6M]https://youtu.be/NRb7-ATAq6M[/video]

jeff.

Joemah

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply Jeff. I pulled the fuse(It visually looks good) and also pulled the door switches. Going to buy an ohm meter tomorrow to check the continuity.

jeff1

Staff member

Joemah

Premium Member
Checked the fuse and it was good. Checked all 3 switches and they were good. Checked power to the noise filter and coming out of it and it was good. Checked power to and from first cut out and it was good. Checked to and from second cutout and only the power to it was 120v. Other side was 0. Took out the cutout and checked for continuity and no good. Checked 1st one to verify I was doing it right and it showed continuity. So I should just need to replace that cutout, right? It shows to be part number 5304464094.

jeff1

Staff member

Joemah

Premium Member
Thanks for the info Jeff. I just got back into town. I connected the 2 wires together and plugged it back in. The vent fan immediately came on but no power to the display still. 😞

jeff1

Staff member
Any idea where/what to check next?
If the fuse and thermostats check ok, check for power to the board itself....power in but no go indicates a bad board.

jeff.