Frigidaire FRA123KT1 - Stuck at 90 degrees / power panel does not work

VAmin

Model Number
FRA123KT1
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi all - Stumbled across this forum after googling about issues with my window AC unit.

The issues started a few weeks back when the power button stopped working. Leaving it unplugged / using the reset button eventually had it working again a day later. At that point, I noticed my remote (with new batteries) stopped working entirely. My only way to manage the AC without having it run all day while out of the apartment was to keep on Auto mode and adjust the temperature accordingly. This worked for about 10 days.

Fast forward to today, I increased the temperature and left for the day as usual. Came home to the temperature-down button not working at all with the unit currently stuck at 90 degrees. Seems to be running fan only at this point even while set on High mode and is just pushing hot air around the apartment.

Fairly hot in NYC these days and would be great to resolve. I may have jumped the gun but went ahead and ordered the part below (https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/5304476460/1615226) in hopes that it may fix the issue. Welcome any thoughts on this.

Not a technician by any means, but am relatively handy. Have never had to crack open an AC unit so would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction of taking off the front of the unit to install the new control board.

Thank you all!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member