• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire freezer only FPUH19D7LF1 ice maker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

juice93

Premium Member
Model Number
FPUH19D7LF1
Brand
Frigidaire
This all freezer model is not producing ice. I have already removed the water inlet valve and I’m getting 250 ohms of resistance. I have excellent water pressure coming to the unit. I have also confirmed the water line is clear and not frozen at any point. I delicately tried to advance the ice maker gears but they wouldn’t move. I did see the gears make turn on their own and make one cycle last night after putting it all back together but still no ice. No water is getting to the ice maker at all. I feel like all signs point to a blockage in the inlet valve (doesn’t appear to be an electrical problem). Just hoping to get some confirmation before I replace the valve and find out the ice maker is the problem

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Seen this problem before many times on my service calls, its the ice maker that's bad and not sending the 120 volts to the water inlet valve to make it fill.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order:
241798231 Ice Maker

RepairClinic ships to Canada:

If you want to verify that, pull the freezer out from the wall, then locate the water inlet valve, where your water supply line hooks up to.

You'll need a multimeter to see if your getting 120 volts to the ice maker GREEN SOLENOID side of the water inlet valve. The GREEN SOLENOID is for the ice maker water. Just remove the plastic electrical connector that goes to it, then put your meter leads in each one and then cycle the ice maker(turn the gear 1/4 turn clockwise then let it rotate on its own) and watch your meter for 120 volts towards the end of the cycle. If you don't get 120 volts, then your ice maker is the culprit.

That's another sign your ice maker is bad, because it should cycle on its own, when you turn that gear 1/4 of a turn clockwise, unless you didn't turn it far enough the first time when you tried it.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new ice maker fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.