• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire french doors model with freezer drawer Model# FFHB2750TS9/ Ser #- 4A12221257 Fridge works/ Freezer and ice maker do not

Open26

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHB2750T
Brand
Frigidaire
First, I want to mention that we just had this refrigerator delivered 3 days ago, to replace our old fridge (which had ice and water dispenser problems) :(! So woke up this morning to see water dripping out of the door water dispenser. Opened the door (ice dispenser is in the upper part, the refrigerator area) and the ice was very wet (starting to melt). Then we checked the bottom drawer (freezer area) and most of the food was starting to defrost! The refrigerator area seems fine! Please help?!

Checked Frigidaire's customer service line. They basically tell you (automated) they are too busy and end the call! We have an appointment for the end of the month but we are approaching 100+ degree weather again in a day or two. Please let me know what I can do here to fix this?! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Robert4

Premium Member
Where did you buy it from? Will they allow you to return or exchange it?

Checked Frigidaire's customer service line. They basically tell you (automated) they are too busy and end the call!
I've heard people say the same thing.

Open26

Premium Member
Home Depot. I tried them once and they referred me to the Frigidaire. I should call back and ask them. Thank you.

Robert4

Premium Member
Ask to speak the the manager, and tell him/her you want to return the fridge since it's wasn't working properly from the very beginning. Be sure to mention that you called earlier and they told you to talk to Frigidaire.

Last edited:

Open26

Premium Member
I'm on the phone with them now. Unfortunately, we did not fall under the "48 hour" window for an auto return policy but... they are setting up an appointment as we speak to come out and repair. Hopefully sooner than the first date we got earlier from another company (3 weeks from now)! Ugh! Thanks for your responses Robert. Greatly appreciate it :)

Open26

Premium Member
Now the whole thing doesn't work (cooling). Water dispenser works (yay, $2k plus water dispenser)! Fan and compressor are both running (I checked yesterday) and we can audibly hear the fridge running but nothing works? What a piece of trash!

Robert4

Premium Member
Did you buy it in the store? You should talk to the manager and demand that he/she take it back. In my opinion, I would never want a brand new fridge that isn't cooling properly to be repaired, because it's likely a bad sign about the quality of the product.

Do you think they sold you a used/returned fridge? Do you see any signs that it might have been returned?

Open26

Premium Member
Did you buy it in the store? You should talk to the manager and demand that he/she take it back. In my opinion, I would never want a brand new fridge that isn't cooling properly to be repaired, because it's likely a bad sign about the quality of the product.

Do you think they sold you a used/returned fridge? Do you see any signs that it might have been returned?
Exactly what I did this morning :)! Thank God I did. We ordered it through the store but they use a third party, it's a bureaucratic mess (just the way they all probably like it, pass the buck). Anyway, I talked with Home Depot on the phone (their call center) and they had scheduled an appt for the 18th. Apparently, I found out today that they were just going to phone us on the 18th and ask what was wrong?? ha ha (you can't make this stuff up). So today, by going in to HD, they called the 3rd party company and we should have a new fridge on the 21st! Over a week away and after several days of 100+ degree weather too.

It was new. I was there when they delivered it. I had to unwrap a lot of the drawers and other parts like that to assemble the inside of the fridge.

We can here the fridge. Sounds like it's running fine. But you stick your hand in it or the freezer and it feels like it's been unplugged for days.

PS- we tried to unplug it, wait 40 minutes or so to plug it back in and see if it would "reset"....nope