• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire Front Load Washer / FWT445GES2 door lock

Dynusia

Premium Member
imported post

I recently purchased a home that included a Frigidaire Gallery front loading washer, FWT445GES2. It worked great the first few times I used it, but today would not start the cycle after I loaded it and closed the door. The door lock light lit up, but it was as if the machine wasn't recognizing the door was actually closed. I applied a little pressure at about where the door catch was, and the machine started. Unfortunately, I had to keep pressure applied for the whole cycle (my arms hurt!) to keep it running. The cycle finished, but the problem remains.

The only thing that has happened recently with the machine is that it was moved (using a piano dolly) to allow some ceramic tile to be put down in the room.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks for the help!

stacy

Premium Member
same problem, did you find a solution?

I have exactly the same problem. My machine previously worked fine. Then, the door lock light would indicate the door locked but it would still open. If I pushed on the door, it would work, when I released pressure the machine would stop. Now (2 cycles of holding the machine shut to work), pushing on the door is not working. The lock light still comes on but the machine does not start. The door is not locked and does not make a "tight" connection to the machine. Any ideas?

stacy

Premium Member
same problem, continued

I removed the black door latch and placed it into the lock. If I push up and around the door lock light comes on and the washer will start to fill. I can't get this to happen with the latch attached to the door. Does this mean I need a new lock? I am assuming it means I DONT need a new latch!