• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Frigidaire Front-Loader - No Spin - Code E47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragosta

Premium Member
Model Number
GLTF2940ES0
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello all.
Bad week for Frigidaire appliances at the house. Have two stacked sets of front-loading washers/dryers... one washer and one dryer both went down in the last few days.

Getting what appears to be (based on reading the forum) a fairly common latch / spin issue. I can get it to display an E47 error by doing the button combination after the cycle ends.

My questions:
- Am I going down the right path... a latch issue?
- How do I access the latch? Down through the top, as I read in another thread? I would prefer to access it some other way if possible, as the washer currently is the lower of a stacked set. Unhooking/unstacking the gas dryer will not be fun.
- My model number is GLTF2940ES0. Is this the part I will need?
Door Latch Assembly 131763202 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

- Should I just go ahead and order the part before I tear everything apart? Do people have much luck just reseating the connections?

Thx in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, the error code E47 means your door latch/lock assembly is bad. The part you linked to it above in your first post is the correct one for your model.:)

Yes, its easiest to get to it from the top panel of your washer, but since your dryer is stacked on top of it, you can try to remove it from the bottom access panel below your door. You'll need a strong flashlight or floodlight to see up in there.

Jake

Aragosta

Premium Member
I received the replacement lock/latch assembly.

Replacing from the bottom was pretty easy.
- Removed the bottom access panel.
- Removed the right bottom screw of the front panel. This allowed me to pull the front panel out about 2 inches, giving my arm lots more room.
- I removed the two screws holding the lock/latch assembly in place. This allowed the assembly to drop 3-4 inches, providing far easier access to the connectors.
- I was able to grip the assembly through the lock/latch holes and the rubber boot well enough to disconnect/connect the 3 wiring connectors.
- I aligned the new assembly with the lock/latch holes, having someone else install the screws.

The E47 is gone. The washer is spinning again.
Many thanks Jake!

Aragosta

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Aragosta, good job fixing it.:)

Jake

indymom8893

Premium Member
We have a Frigidaire Gallery Series Front Loading washing machine, and we are getting an error code of E47. We believe the model # to be: J52AAC-0102. The washer will not do a final spin....it only tumbles until the cycle has ended. Any suggestions regarding parts? Do you believe it to be a defective control board? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

indymom8893

Premium Member
In reply to Jakes message to me ~ We have a Frigidaire Front Loading Washer, Model # GLTF2940ES3.....it is giving an error code of #47. Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Here's how to test the door lock latch switch assembly:

Remove the door lock assembly and measure the resistance of the PTC.

The PTC is the wax motor(the piece that sticks out with the 2 metal terminal ends) on the door lock assembly. You will need an ohm meter to test that.

If it reads 1500 ohms, then its fine, and the problem would be the control board.

Here's the door latch switch assembly for your model you can order here if needed:
Door Latch Assembly 131763202 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Watch this video to access/change it:

[video=youtube_share;prkM2XMoOJk]https://youtu.be/prkM2XMoOJk[/video]

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Nicole,

Its best to get the complete door latch lock assembly which includes the wax motor: [URL="https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-or-Lid-Latch-Assembly/131763202/1531974]Door Latch Assembly 131763202 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com[/URL]

I've never changed just the wax motor on any of the ones I've done.

Jake

2cooleng

I know that this is an old thread, but since I have the same issue I thought I would just piggyback on this one instead of starting a new one. I do have the E47 error code on my washer and I've taken the door lock out to test with an ohm meter. I'm getting a reading of 1300 ohms. Is this low enough to mean that the door lock is the problem and not the control panel? I don't want to shell out the money for the door lock when it's actually fine. Thank you so much for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

zerobordz

Hi Jake I have a quick question about testing the Frigidaire washing machine. I recently found someone wanting to sell one but it sounds like it is an E47 code. I'm assuming they don't have it hooked up anymore so I was wondering, does it need to have the water lines hooked up to run the diagnostics, or will simply having it plugged in work?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats a good question, I've never run the diagnostics without water hooked up. Try it and see.

Jake

Chad Miller

Same issue I have. Washer would go through all cycles then get to the final spin and abort after a few minutes. E47 error. Pump was making loud noises so I suspected the pump. Had to clean it out a couple of years ago after washing a shag carpet. This time it had $4 in change in the coin trap and pieces of a Marriotte door card in it. After cleaning it out, still got the E47 error so I got a new door switch and viola!! Works like a champ. Spinning at full speed with no errors. Pump is a little loud still so It struggles getting the water out, but still works.

I'll replace the pump later as I suspect some debris got in the vanes and caused some damage. In retrospect, I think the door solenoid was damaged during initial installation because a friend used the door to move the washer onto position and probably tweaked the hinges and it's always been a bit difficult to close the door. You have to hold it tight when pushing the start button to get it to lock. I also got a board error, so don't spend $150 on the board until you try the switch. Seems this is the most common error.

My switch tested at 1250 ohms, supposed to be 1500, but a lot of folks say their switch tested at 1500 ohms, but still failed at final spin. For some reason maybe safety related, the computer only checks the switch ohm value at final spin so it makes you think the switch is ok because all the other wash modes work ok and the lock light is green.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Chad, thanks for the update on yours.

Jake

Svarrecchio

I have the Frididaire front loader model GLTF2940ES0 and I have changed the door latch assembly and still get the E47 code and it still will not go into the final spin. What do I do now?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

E47
Board thinks the door PTC circuit is open in spin.
Refer to test (9)

Test 9:
1. Remove the door lock assembly and measure the resistance of the PTC.
Shorted or open. Defective door lock assembly.
Reads around 1500 Ohms. Defective control board.

If the lock is new, leaves a bad board as the prime suspect or a wire between them.

Main-Control-Board-137006000-01081323.jpg Washing machine control board

Door-Latch-131763202-01522116.jpg Washing machine door lock and switch assembly

jeff.

ROVengineer

Premium Member
Hello
I am also getting error E47 on a Frigidaire ATFB7000ES0. I performed the resistance test on the latch and got 1700 ohms. I inspected the wiring harness and found no problems, so I ordered the control board. I received and installed in today and washer works properly except that it will not go into final spin and gives E47. I'm ordering a new switch now, but don't understand why it passed the test and may still be the problem. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The ohms are too high, I had a member that read 1700 ohms and that was even too high, needs to be 1500 ohms +/- 5%

Here's that thread: FIXED LTF2940ES3 e47

Order the door lock latch assembly.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.