• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire FRS6LF8FS1 ice dispenser not dispensing ice

BradASchreiber

Premium Member
Model Number
FRS6LF8FS1
Brand
Frigidaire
The ice dispenser on my Frigidaire is not dispensing ice. The paddle moves freely and I can see the black door that opens/closes to prevent cold from escaping is working but no ice is coming out. The ice maker has plenty of ice so that is not the cause. The water dispenser works fine, it is just the ice dispenser that is not working. I have posted a video showing the issue. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• IMG_1645.mp4
    22.7 MB
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Take the ice bucket out and see if the auger motor turns without it. You'll need to hold the door switch in when you press the dispenser lever. If the motor doesn't turn with the ice bucket out check for 120 Volts AC at the auger motor:
frigidaire-auger-motor-5304462594-ap4299528_01_m.jpg

With a DMM (Digital Multi-Meter). Access the auger motor and measure across the two wires on the motor. If your meter reads 120 Volts AC replace the motor. Less than 120 Volts AC check the ice dispenser micro switch for continuity with you meter.

Here's the front dispenser parts diagram for your model:

Micro switch is #38A:

There is a video in the Micro switch part link that shows you how to access it. Unplug your refrigerator first before you access it and ohm test it.

You can ohm the ice dispenser micro switch for continuity when you click it, Push-in should be continuity, Out should not be continuity.

Jake