• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Frigidaire FRT18G4AWC freezer back wall has frost but only on part of it (pic attached)

Nin

Premium Member
Model Number
FRT18G4AWC
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello guys, I have a frigidaire top freezer refrigerator which is causing issues for a month now. Both, freezer is not making ice and fridge compartment is way less cooling than it used to.
Checked the timer is running fine, fan and compressor seem to be working too. What's peculiar is the coils on back wall of freezer only has frost built up on the right side and rest is clean.
I thawed the ice with a hair dyer last week and it's back again.

Any help to fix this is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-04 at 8.19.17 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-04 at 8.19.17 PM.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 101

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I'm afraid that looks like evidence of a sealed refrigeration system problem.

image.jpeg

It will require a trained appliance service technician to look into it further. I will warm you that sealed system work is expensive and you're likely looking at at least $150+ and if a defective compressor itself is the cause, $500 or more.

In many cases refrigeration system work is not worthwhile and shopping for a new refrigerator is the most cost effective.

JMO

Dan O.

Nin

Premium Member
Oh k but at least now I know it's not worth spending time on it anymore.
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
In many areas it's even getting hard to find refrigeration service technician that will do such work.

You might get lucky and find a nice model on sale. Do ask about stock. Many models may be on back order and not available immediately.

Dan O.

Reactions: Nin