Frigidaire FSC23F7HSB6 quit working.

RedRacer

Premium Member
Model Number
FSC23F7HSB6
Brand
Frigidaire
I’ve got a guy working on my fridge. He’s replaced the thermostat board, thermostat relay, master control board and compressor relay. Fridge goes into diagnostic startup for about 30 seconds then completely shuts off. Any suggestions?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

RedRacer

Premium Member
Correct. When you plug it in the compressor and fan come on after about 15 seconds the interior light starts flashing and 15 seconds later it shuts itself down.

RedRacer

Premium Member
Both lights stay on. Is there a reefer fan and a freezer fan? The only fan I see is located underneath blowing on the coils. It turns on upon startup then shuts off after 30 seconds. I can manually turn the thermostat on & off, adjust temps, etc. That was the original problem when the thermostat would not turn on or off or light up. Both doors are off the fridge. Don’t know if that’s an issue. I can hold in the plunger on the freezer side and light goes off. No plunger on the reefer side. Not sure how that functions.

rickgburton

Staff member
There's a fan in the freezer section. Both doors need to be on. Measure the voltage at the compressor when it shuts off.

RedRacer

Premium Member
I’ll have to get my repair guy back over here. He’s run out of solutions. What’s happening when the lights flash on & off for 15 seconds after startup? Is 8t possible the fridge door being off is causing the interruption in service? This fridge is in my RV. We had to take the doors off to maneuver it out of its alcove.

RedRacer

Premium Member
The evap fan never comes on, I was always told that it turns on once the evap coils it a certain temperature it turns itself on. At least this is what I've seen in a few refrigerators before. But once I unplug the start device from the compressor and plug the unit up I get 115 volts to the start device. While it is still unplugged I hear the board click around the 40-50 second.

rickgburton

Staff member
RedRacer said:
....once I unplug the start device from the compressor and plug the unit up I get 115 volts to the start device.
What's the voltage to the compressor with the start device connected to the compressor? If it's 115 VAC and the compressor is not working measure the compressor windings:
R -Compressor Windings Test NEW.jpg
R-Start Device-new.jpg

RedRacer

Premium Member
Fridge still not fixed.
#1 repairman threw $400 of unreturnable electronics at it. He had no clue why it’s not working.
#2 repairman checked amperage at compressor. Bouncing between 1.6-3.4 amps. He says the compressor is bad but, he doesn’t do compressors lol.
#3 repairgirl says she can fix it but, can’t operate a cellphone and has stood me up 3 times.
Replacing the fridge is not cost effective as it has to go in & out the windshield of my RV.
Can anybody out there help me fix this fridge?

rickgburton

Staff member
How much did you pay for the refrigerator? A compressor replacement will cost you $800 -$1000 and must be done by a certified refrigeration tech.

RedRacer

Premium Member
How much did you pay for the refrigerator? A compressor replacement will cost you $800 -$1000 and must be done by a certified refrigeration tech.
The estimate to replace is $4200-5200. The windshield needs to be removed. 75% of them break, then we need a new windshield.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Replacing the fridge is not cost effective as it has to go in & out the windshield of my RV. The windshield needs to be removed. 75% of them break, then we need a new windshield.
Sounds like this Frigidaire is in a motorhome, come to Quartzsite, AZ. All my customers say the same thing, only way to get the refrigerator in and out of a motorhome is removing the front windshield. Those are huge windshields.

Have you ever seen a 3,000 population city in the summer swell to over 100,000 people in the winter? That's Quartzsite, AZ. LOL and most are motorhomes from the north.

Jake

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yuppers, extremely expensive.

Jake